Interviewer:
It says here that you graduated from Beijing Normal University with a major in English Language and Literature.
上面说你毕业于北京师范大学英语语言文学专业。
Applicant:
Right. Then you may think that I am not fit for this job according to my educational background.
对。你可能认为我的教育背景并不适合这份工作。
Interviewer:
Yes.
是的。
Applicant:
But I want to be a tour guide very much because I like traveling and meeting various kinds of people. So I took an evening course at the Tourism School of Beijing after graduation and I have gotten a qualification certificate.
但是我很想当一名导游,因为我喜欢旅游,也喜欢和各种各样的人打交道,所以毕业后我参加了北京旅游学院的夜校,而且已经获得了资格证书。
Interviewer:
So you must be an extravert?
看来你是个外向的人?
Applicant:
Yes, I always enjoy being with a group of people and chatting with them.
对,我喜欢和大家一起畅谈。
Interviewer:
What do you think are the responsibilities of a tourist guide?
你认为导游的职责是什么?
Applicant:
A tourist guide must be responsible for arranging and coordinating tour activities, and offering service of transportation, accommodation, sightseeing, shopping and entertainment.
作为一名导游要安排和协调旅游活动,并为游客提供交通、膳宿、观光、购物和娱乐服务。
Interviewer:
Don`t you consider it a hard work?
你不认为这是一份非常辛苦的工作吗?
Applicant:
Hard but interesting, I think.
虽然艰苦但很有趣。
Interviewer:
Have you any experience as a tourist guide?
你有做导游的工作经验吗?
Applicant:
Yes, I usually guided foreign tourists around Beijing when I was in University.
有,在大学期间我经常带领外国游客游览北京。
Interviewer:
Have you ever learned any other foreign languages other than English?
除了英语,你还学过别的外国语吗?
Applicant:
Yes, I have learned a little French and Japanese as well.
也学过一些法语和日语。
对话讲解:
be fit for 合适的,适宜的
I ought to be fit for work at the end of the month.
到月底时,我应该可以工作了
chat with sb 和某人闲谈,聊天
What were you chatting with him about?
你和他聊了些什么?
be responsible for 为……负责
You'll be responsible for anything wrong.
出了事唯你是问。