Colleague:
I can't stand the stupid guy any longer. It's unbelievable.
不能忍受那个愚蠢的家伙了,真是不可思议。
Benjamin:
Oh, my dear lady, take it easy. You should forgive a green hand like him.
噢,亲爱的女士,别放心上。原谅像他那样的新手吧!
Colleague:
He does everything so mindlessly that he is going to drive me crazy.
他做事总是没脑子,快把我逼疯了。
Benjamin:
I suggest you talk with him and teach him how to deal with the problems.
我建议你和他谈谈,也教教他怎么处理那些问题。
Colleague:
I've told him how to do that several times, but he's never listened to me.
我告诉过他怎么做很多次了,但是他总是不听我的。
Benjamin:
Maybe you should communicate with him just like a friend, not a boss.
或许你应该和他以朋友的身份谈谈,而不是上司。
Colleague:
Oh, I always have difficulty in getting along with the staff.
我总是和下属很难相处。
Benjamin:
Just take them for your good friends and have a talk with them as we do. Make sure you won't lose your temper!
把他们当成你的好朋友,和他们讨论就像我们两一样。还要保证不发脾气。
Colleague:
Oh, so bad. I'm afraid I'll change the image of myself.
噢,太糟了。恐怕我要改变我的形象了。
Benjamin:
No, it's unnecessary. Just respect the staff and their own opinions.
不,不需要。尊重他们和他们的想法。
Colleague:
But sometimes they offer some useless proposals, it's awfully useless.
但是他们有时候交上来一些没用的提议,非常没用。
Benjamin:
Oh, no one is perfect.
没人是完美的。
Colleague:
That's right. I should speak to them in a polite way.
对啊。我应该对他们客气点。
Benjamin:
All men are equal in the eyes of the God. We have the equal partnership in team.
上帝眼里每个人都是公平的。我们在团队里应该是平等的。
Colleague:
Thanks very much and you're very eloquent.
非常感谢,你总是说话很得体。
Benjamin:
Thanks for saying that.
谢谢你这样说。
对话讲解:
stand vt.忍受某事物; 容忍某人的行为; 经受得起
He can't stand hot weather. 他受不住炎热的天气.
a green hand 新手
Tom is a green hand of our departmart.
汤姆是我们部门的一个新手。
deal with 处理,对付
She has a lot of correspondence to deal with.
她有大批信件需要处理。
communicate with sb 和某人沟通(交流)
I like to communicate with my family.
我喜欢和我的家人沟通。