Mary:
Hi, Tony. You look unhappy. What’s wrong?
嗨,托尼。你看起来不高兴。怎么了?
Tony:
Oh, Mary. I made a big mistake.
哦,玛丽。我犯了个大错。
Mary:
What happened?
发生什么事了?
Tony:
I really wish I hadn’t done it.
我真希望我没那么做。
Mary:
What on earth? are you talking about?
你究竟在说什么呢?
Tony:
I got caught cheating. I feel so ashamed. The teacher saw me and told me I failed.
我考试作弊被抓了。我感觉太丢人了。老师看见我了,还告诉我这次考试不及格了。
Mary:
What were you thinking?
你想什么呢?
Tony:
You know my father. If I fail, he’ll kill me. I have to do well.
你知道我爸爸的。我要是考试不及格,他会杀了我的。我必须得考好才行。
Mary:
But what you should do is study hard.
可是你应该做的是好好学习啊。
Tony:
I know…I know…it’s all my fault. I feel awful that I didn’t study, and I cheated, and I got caught.
我知道…我知道…都是我的错。我不学习,还作弊,结果还被抓了,这真是太糟了。
Mary:
So long as you learn from your mistakes.
只要你吸取教训就好了。
Tony:
I know. I feel like a failure. My father is going to be so disappointed when he finds out what I’ve done.
我知道。我觉得自己太失败了。我爸爸要是知道我做了些什么的话,他一定会很失望的。