At someone's house for dinner: 在同事家做客,女主人努力的劝酒夹菜,请看下面的两则英语情景对话。
英语对话1:
Hostess: Can I offer you another cup of coffee?
女主人:我可以再给您来杯咖啡吗?
Guest: No, thanks. I've had plenty.
客人:不,谢谢,我已经足够了。
Hostess: Can I bring you something else?
女主人:我能为你拿些别的吗?
Guest: No, but thanks just the same.
客人:不,但还是谢谢你。
Hostess: Is there anything else I can get for you?
女主人:我能为你拿些别的什么吗?
Guest: Yes, please. I'd love another helping of potatoes.
客人:好的,我想再要些土豆。
Hostess: Would you like some more turkey?
女主人:要不要再来点火鸡?
Guest: Yes, please. I'd love some.
客人:好的,我想要一些。
Hostess: How about a refill?
女主人:再来一杯如何?
Guest: Thanks, but I've had more than I should already.
客人:谢谢,但我已经喝得太多了。
英语对话2:
Hostess: Would you care for a glass of wine?
女主人:你想再喝杯酒吗?
Guest: No, thank you. I'm on medication.
客人:不,谢谢,我正在吃药期间。
Hostess: There's some really good food.
女主人:那里有些非常不错的食物。
Guest: All right, the roast beef looked awfully good.
客人:好的,烤牛肉好像很不错。