You might see if...职场妈妈真的很辛苦,又要上班,还要照顾家里的琐事,这不,珍妮就为自己的儿子约翰尼迷上电视不可自拔而烦恼,同事出了高招,大家也学学吧,照顾好后方才能没有后顾之忧的上前线哪。
Ben: You look like something on your mind. What's up?
本:你好像有心事。最近怎么样?
Jeanne: I'm really exhausted. I've been having troube with Johnny lately.
珍妮:我真是烦透了。进来我一直为约翰尼发愁。
Ben: oh.
本:哦。
Jeanne: I can't get him away from the television. He just wants to wathc TV day and night.
珍妮:我没法把他从电视前拉开。他只想从早到晚地看电视。
Ben: Can you talk to Johhny about it? Is it possible to discuss it with him?
本:你跟约翰尼谈过吗?不能跟他谈一下吗?
Jeanne: Yeah, but it did no good.
珍妮:商量过,但是不顶用。
Ben: I see, well, maybe you could get him interested in model airplanes or computers.
本:我明白了。或许你可以使他对飞机模型或计算机发生兴趣。
Jeanne: That's not a bad idea.
珍妮:这个主意倒不坏。
Ben: You know I just had another idea. You might see if he is interested in participating in some team sport.
本:我又有了个主意。你可以试着看看他对团队体育活动是否感兴趣。
Jeanne: That sounds like the best thing for Johnny. His friend Stephen was talking to him about joining the school baseball team just the other day.
珍妮:这主意听起来对约翰尼再合适不过了。他的朋友史蒂文前几天还给他说过参加学校棒球队的事呢。
Ben: Great! It will be even more interesting being team mates. They won't even have time to think about TV.
本:太好了!成为队员会更有趣的。他们甚至没时间去想电视。
Jeanne: That's right! Oh, Ben, you've really helped me an awful lot. Thank you so much.
珍妮:不错。哦,本,你可真帮了我大忙。太谢谢了。
Ben: No problem!
本:没事。
Jeanne: Thanks again. I really have to go now. I wish I could talk some more, but I have so many things to do...
珍妮:再次感谢。我真得走了。我真想多谈一会儿,但我还有很多事情要办...
Ben: Glad to help, anytime. Good luck to you.
本:随时愿意帮忙。祝你好运。
上一篇: 职场英语情景交际之到底为何被开除?
下一篇: 职场美语视频:用英语做非正式的邀请