Specifying or asking about wants: 在本集英语视频对话里,约翰请同事Ben去吃饭,发生的英语口语对话及后来在餐厅用餐时的英语情景对话。
John: I'd like to have a chat with you, Ben. How about going out to lunch?
约翰:本,我想和你聊聊。一起出去吃午饭怎么样。
Ben: I'd like that very much, but I'm afraid I'm living on a very tight budget.
本:我很想去,但是恐怕我的预算很紧张。
John: Oh, no, no. This one's on me.
约翰:哦!不,不,这顿饭由我付钱。
Ben: Oh, no. I really couldn't....
本:哦,不,我真的不能。
John: Nonsense. I won't take "no" for an answer. Let's go.
约翰:别废话了,我不会听你说“不”的。
Ben: Well, okay.
本:好吧。
(Later in a restaurant...后来在餐馆里)
Waitress: May I take your order, sir?
服务员:先生,您要点什么?
Ben: I'll have a ham and chess sandwich.
本:我要火腿干酪三明治。
Waitress: Do you want white, rye or whole-wheat?
服务员,你要的吐司是白色,黑麦的,还是全麦的?
Ben: Rye'll do.
本:黑买的。
Waitress: What's yours, sir?
服务员:先生,您吃点什么?
John: I'll have the sirloin.
约翰:我要沙朗牛排。
Waitress: Yes...sir, and how would you like it cooked?
服务员:好的,先生。您要几分熟的?
John: Medium, please.
约翰:五分熟,麻烦你。
Waitress: Anything to drink?
服务员:来点喝的吗/
John: I'll have beer. What would you like, Ben?
约翰:我要啤酒。你要什么,本?
Ben: I'll have beer, too.
本:我也要啤酒。