公司老板给员工发年终奖时与员工的英语口语对话及老板让员工对自己的年终奖金额保密。
Sam:
Sally. I called you into my office to talk to you about something.
莎莉,我把你叫进办公室来是想和你谈一件事。
Sally:
I hope everthing's OK.
我希望一切都没问题。
Sam:
Actually, I'd like to present you with your annual bonus.
事实上,我想亲自把年终奖金拿给你。
Sally:
Thank you so much.
真是谢谢你。
Sam:
I also would like to take this opportunity to tell you what a fine job you've been doing in this company.
我也想趁这个机会告诉你,你在公司的表现很好。
Sally:
Thank you. I've been working very hard to stay on top of my work.
谢谢你。我很努力地掌握所有工作的进度。
Sam:
And you've been doing a very good job. I've noticed that over the past year you've had a lot of improvement in your work.
你做的很好。我注意到过去这一年来你在工作有很大的进步。
Sally:
Those training courses that you asked me to attend have really paid off.
你让我去参加的训练课程真的很有帮助。
Sam:
I'm glad they have. There is one more thing. I'd like you to keep this bonus confidential.
我很高兴有帮助,不过有一件事,我希望你不要让别人知道奖金的事。
Sally:
OK. I understand.
好,我了解。
Sam:
Good. Bonuses are based on work performance, and not everyone performed as well as you did. I wouldn't want anyone to find out that their bonus wasn't as much as yours.
很好。因为奖金是按照工作表现分发的,并不是每个人的表现都像你一样好。我不想让其他人知道他们的年终奖金没你高。
Sally:
I understand. I won't say a word.
我了解。 我会守口如瓶的。