Interviewer:
Good morning, my name is Martin. You have applied for the Laboratory Assistant`s position, right?
早上好,我叫马丁,你申请了实验室助理这个职位,对吧?
Applicant:
Yes. When I saw the advertisement I thought it would really suit me.
是的。当我看到广告时,我想这个职位非常适合我。
Interviewer:
Can you tell me why you replied to our advertisement?
你能告诉我为什么你回应了我们的广告吗?
Applicant:
I think that I`d be really good at this kind of work. In fact I learn so fast that I`d be looking for promotion very shortly.
我想我非常擅长这种工作,事实上,我学得很快,我会在短时间内得到提升。
Interviewer:
Do you know exactly what you would be doing as a Laboratory Assistant?
那你知道作为一个实验室助理具体做些什么吗?
Applicant:
A laboratory assistant helps to maintain scientific equipment, keep a check on the supplies in the store, and prepare the chemicals for experiments.
实验室助理就是要维护科研设备,经常检查库房的供应以及为化学实验做准备工作。
Interviewer:
What sort of student do you regard yourself as? Did you enjoy studying while you were at school?
你认为你自己是哪种类型的学生?你在学校时喜欢学习吗?
Applicant:
I suppose I`m a reasonable student. I passed all my tests and enjoyed studying subjects that interested me.
我想我是一个挺好的学生,我通过了所有的考试,而且喜欢学习我感兴趣的课程。
Interviewer:
What were your favorite subjects at school?
你上学时最喜欢什么课程?
Applicant:
Maths and chemistry were my favorite subjects at school. I also enjoyed history.
数学和化学是我上学时最喜欢的,我对历史也非常感兴趣。
Interviewer:
Do you have any plans for further study?
你有继续学习深造的打算吗?
Applicant:
Well, I have thought about doing the part-time Chemistry Certificate course at Technical College. I think I would really benefit from doing that.
哦,我想业余时间在技术学院上化学认证课程,我想这肯定对我有好处。
Interviewer:
Have you ever had a job before?
你以前工作过吗?Applicant:
Yes. I have worked part-time at a take away food store-the one just round the corner.
是的,我在一个食品店做过兼职外卖,就是拐角处那家。
Interviewer:
We have a lot of other applicants for this position. Why do you think that you deserve to get the job?
申请这个职位的人很多,你为什么认为你该得到这份工作?
Applicant:
Well, I have found out a lot about this type of work and my research suggests that I would be quite capable of doing the work involved. I also think that I would be able to handle any training course reasonably well.
是这样的,我对这种工作很了解,我发现自己非常适合做这种工作,而且我也认为自己能把培训课程学得非常好。
Interviewer:
I think I have asked you everything I wanted to. Thank you for coming along to the interview.
我的问题问完了。谢谢你来面试。
Applicant:
Thank you. When will I know if I am successful?
谢谢你。我什么时候能知道我是否被录用了?
Interviewer:
We`ll be in touch with you by telephone or by mail within a week. Well. Goodbye.
我们会在一周内打电话或者写信联系你的。那好,再见。
Applicant:
Goodbye.
再见。
对话讲解:
suit vt. 适合,适当
That dress suits you.
那套衣服你穿起来挺合适。
regard...as... 把……看作……
'Titanic' is regarded as his best film so far.
'泰坦尼克号'被认为是到目前为止他拍得最好的影片。
be capable of 有能力做……
Are you capable of climbing that tree?
你能爬上那棵树吗?
下一篇: 职场口语:听不清