C:Oh. I didn't realize I was getting an office all to myself.
C:噢,没想到我可以拥有一间私人办公室。
F:Yes, you are. And this is your secretary, Jane Borromeo. She is a Filipina but was born and brought up here and is completely bilingual.
F:是的,你可以。这是你的秘书珍·包罗密。她是菲律宾人,但在这里出生,长大,完全能说两种语言。
S:Hi. How do you do? Just holler if you need anything.
S:嗨。你好!如果有任何需要,只要叫我一声就可以。
C:Thanks.(to Buchwald)She is a very attractive girl.
C:谢谢。(对布华奇说)她是个非常迷人的女孩。
F:And capable, too.
F:而且也很能干。
C:Gee, my nameplate's already on the desk. Everything is so neat.
C:哇,我的名牌已经放在桌上了。每件东西都很整齐。
F:Feel free to drop by my office if you have a question.
F:如果有问题,请不要客气,随时到我的办公室来。
C:Even a silly one?
C:即使是一个笨问题?
F:How do you know it's silly if you haven't asked?
F:你又没问,怎么知道会是个笨问题。
C:My former colleagues told me three secrets of success in foreign-affiliated companies. First, the ability to speak English well.
C:我以前的同事告诉我,要在外商公司成功有三个秘诀。第一,良好的英文能力。
C:Second, an outgoing and sociable wife. And third, not getting involved in office politics.
C:第二,外向且善于社交的妻子。第三,不要参与公司的政治斗争。
F:I agree with the first and the last. You have to be careful when you step into the executive jungle and it's best to stay away from office politics, especially in a big organization like ours.
F:我同意第一点和最后一点。当遇见激烈的竞争时,必须要小心,最好远离公司的政治斗争,特别是在像我们这么庞大的机构中。
F:The English ability is helpful but you already have a fine command of it. I'm not so sure about the second.
F:英语能力是很有用的,但你的英语已经很好了。对于第二点,我不完全肯定。
F:I have a good idea. Why don't you bring your wife to our place for dinner next week? She can compare notes with my wife.
F:我有个好主意。下星期你带你太太到我家来共进晚餐怎么样?她可以和我太太交换一下看法。
美国男子手机放购物篮 拍“裙底风光”被诉
国际英语资讯:Million dollar solid gold toilet stolen from British palace
缘分天注定 英夫妇未相识前就有合照
国内英语资讯:China Focus: 50-day countdown, global businesses continue to benefit from CIIE
国内英语资讯:Commentary: Constructive interactions pave way for China-U.S. trade talks
国内英语资讯:China Focus: Shanghai tourism festival witnesses consumption upgrade
世界最重钢管舞者 114公斤舞艺超群
6岁女孩天使心 为癌症儿童捐出长发
办公室有人哭了 同事们该如何应对
学生3D打印义肢 残疾男孩重拾笑容
备受争议导演郭敬明《小时代3》票房高居榜首
国际英语资讯:Saudi-led coalition launches probe into drone attacks against oil facilities
验血可预测自杀风险 准确率高达90%
凯瑟琳·泽塔琼斯自曝曾患抑郁症
实习经验分享 实习中你需要学会的事
盘点那些得不偿失的省钱习惯
国际英语资讯:EU finance ministers discuss air tax with consideration of competitiveness
快乐工作:6个方法增加你的职场幸福感
别灰心 遇到糟糕的老板会令你成为更好的管理者
大学生第一份工作最常犯的错误