Zina: So will you come to work with us?
吉娜: 所以你要来跟我们工作吗?
Dave: Can I use my green pad again to write you admiring notes?
戴夫: 我还能再用我的绿色便条纸,写爱慕的话语给你吗?
Zina: We'll have to 1) negotiate that. It's a possibility.
吉娜: 这我们再研究研究。可能性是有的。
Dave: You miss me, don't you?
戴夫: 你很想我,对不对?
Zina: Don't push your luck, Dave.
吉娜: 你别得寸进尺了,戴夫。
Dave: OK, I'm in. When do I start?
戴夫: 好,我加入。何时开工?
Zina: As soon as you can get here. We'll be waiting for you.
吉娜: 等你一到这里就开工。 我们恭候大驾。
------------------------------------------------------------------
语言详解
A: He's good at negotiating business deals.
他很擅于协商生意上的条件。
B: Then talk him into working for us.
那就说服他们帮我们做事。
【push one's luck 得寸进尺】
人有时候不懂得察言观色,吃了一点甜头还不知节制,若是你遇到这种“得寸进尺”push one's luck 的人,就可以送他这句话 Don't push your luck.“你别得寸进尺了。” 给他来点小小的警告,以免对方乐极生悲。
A: I will be in charge of this company in five years.
我会在五年内掌管这家公司。
B: Don't push your luck. If the boss hears you say that, you'll be without a job.
你别得寸进尺。要是老板听到你说这话,你连工作都会没有。
【I'm in. 我加入】
I'm in.这个好用又好记的短句的意思是“我加入”。举凡你被询问到参加的意愿,只要你想加入,都可以用上这个句型;
相反地来说,若你不想加入,或是加入了以后想要放弃,你就可以说 I'm out.“我退出,我放弃”。
A: We're all going swimming in the lake. Are you coming?
我们要去湖中游泳,你要来吗?
B: Yep, I'm in.
好,我加入。
1) negotiate (v.) 协调,商议
国际英语资讯:ASEAN holds special summit on response to COVID-19 pandemic
国内英语资讯:China vows to accelerate free trade port construction in Hainan
国际英语资讯:White House says Trump not firing Fauci
二十年后回故乡
美联储首位“女掌门”出炉
体坛英语资讯:Former world No. 1 Clijsters receives BNP Paribas Open wildcard
国内英语资讯:China limits admission as outdoor tourist sites reopen
每日一词∣安全生产 workplace safety
怎样用 “used to” 描述往事?
世卫组织:解除或放松疫情限制措施需考虑这6项标准