职场口语主题:职场社交口语话题【49--我在考虑跳槽】
吉娜与戴夫在他们的办公室隔间说话
Zina: Dave, there's something I want to talk to you about.
吉娜: 戴夫,我要跟你谈一件事。
Dave: Zina, why are you 1) whispering?
戴夫: 吉娜,你干嘛那么小声?
Zina: I've been talking to WebTracker. I'm thinking of jumping ship.
吉娜: 我一直跟网路搜寻家有联络。我在考虑跳槽。
Dave: What? Are you serious? You'd 2) defect to our 3) archrival!?
戴夫: 什么?你是认真的吗?你要向敌人投诚!?
Zina: Keep your voice down. We'll talk more later. Right now I need to see Vince.
吉娜: 小声点。我们晚点再详谈。我现在得要去找文斯。
Dave: We definitely have to talk, Zina. And watch your back. Elvin is still mad about his nose.
戴夫: 我们一定得聊聊,吉娜。多留点神。艾文还在气他鼻子的那档事。
Zina: OK, but don't tell anyone what I said.
吉娜: 好,不过别把我说的话告诉别人。
---------------------------------------------------
语言详解
A: (Loudly) Why are you whispering?
(大喊)你干嘛那么小声啊?
B: We're in a library, you dork.
我们在图书馆里,蠢蛋。
【Are you serious? 你是认真的吗?】
serious有两个主要意义,其一是“严肃的、认真的”,另一是“严重的、重大的”。与“人”连用时通常是第一种解释,与“疾病、局势、问题”连用则属第二种解释,例如:
We have to be serious about our future.
我们要认真的面对未来。
The situation is really serious.
局势真的很严重。
A: I heard John was hospitalized.
我听说约翰住进医院。
B: Are you serious?
你是说真的吗?
A: Yes. He suffered a serious injury in an accident.
真的。他在意外事件中受到严重伤害。
1) whisper (v.) 低语,呢喃
2) defect (v.) 背弃(同盟,祖国)to的后面接名词,指所投向的新对象
3) archrival (n.) 死敌,最大的敌人 arch 这个字首 (prefix) 是指“首要的,主要的”
上一篇: 职场社交英语:【58--他是间谍?】
体坛英语资讯:Lucenec up to second after double OT in Slovak Basketball League
调查发现:头脑风暴是在浪费时间
飞行汽车即将成真 日本公司进行原型测试
多数男性认为自己留胡子更帅 女性却不这么看
体坛英语资讯:Palacios bids farewell to River Plate ahead of Bayer Leverkusen move
抖音的日活用户超过4亿
宜家的环保计划:要在2030年前把碳足迹变成负
体坛英语资讯:Bayern crush Bremen 6-1 in Bundesliga
国际英语资讯:Palestinian, Russian presidents meet on Israeli-Palestinian situation
体坛英语资讯:Augsburg see off Hoffenheim 4-2 in Bundesliga
国内英语资讯:Commentary: Connective power needed for better world
为什么国王的妻子是王后,而女王的丈夫不是国王
国内英语资讯:Senior Chinese officials meet co-chairs of intergovernmental negotiations on UNSC reform
用脚掌亲吻大地
体坛英语资讯:Ex-Brazil boss Luxemburgo leaves Vasco da Gama
国内英语资讯:Xi Focus: Xi stresses racing against time to reach Chinese Dream
美国出现新的生活方式,每个月都换城市生活
英国人休假超积极!2020年全年的假期都安排好了
十二生肖中为何老鼠排第一?
体坛英语资讯:Chinas head coach says his team technically inferior to Japans counterpart
每个人都值得被命运恩宠
别把流感不当回事儿
新西兰和西班牙两名男子把地球做成了一个“三明治”
007制片人否认女邦德传闻:邦德可能不是白人 但绝对是男性
国际英语资讯:Sudan govt signs peace deal with opposition groups
国内英语资讯:Chinese envoy expects new starting point for Libyan issue after Berlin conference
深圳一公司推出机器宠物猫,行为和真猫差不多
国内英语资讯:Chinas international journal Satellite Navigation launched
国内英语资讯:Xi Focus: Xi extends Chinese New Year greetings to all Chinese
国际英语资讯:Lebanese president urges new cabinet to deal with financial, economic crises