职场口语主题:职场社交口语话题【66--我现在是自由工作者】
Dave: Yeah. You don't need to rub it in.
戴夫: 是啊。不劳你落井下石了。
Mary: And then she 1) made the deal with MicroPower. Vince wanted to sell for fifteen million...
玛莉: 然后她跟“微力”谈妥了条件。文斯本想用一千五百万卖掉的……
Dave: Fifteen? And Zina pushed them up to seventy-five?
戴夫: 一千五百万?而吉娜逼他们出到了七千五百万?
Mary: That's right. Vince still stops by her office every day to thank her.
玛莉: 没错。文斯到现在都还每天经过她的办公室,跟她道谢呢。
Dave: Anyway, I'm still happy I left. I'm working as a 2) freelancer now.
戴夫: 不管怎样,我还是很高兴我离开了。我现在是自由工作者。
Mary: You really should have stayed with us, Dave.
玛莉: 你当初真该留下跟我们一道的,戴夫。
--------------------------------------------------------------------
语言详解
A: Who do you work for?
你帮谁工作?
B: No one. I'm a freelancer.
没有谁。我是自由工作者。
【rub it in 落井下石】
rub it in 的这个动作就像是一抹再抹,越抹越进去的感觉,而这个片语在使用上,就是“落井下石”的意思,明明人家已经很惨了,却还要打落水狗,在伤口上撒盐。
A: So, your sister beat you in bowling!
所以你妹妹打保龄球赢了你!
B: Stop rubbing it in, OK?
别落井下石了,好吗?
A: Didn't I tell you over and over again she doesn't like you?
我不是一再告诉你她不喜欢你吗?
B: You don't have to rub it in.
你不用落井下石嘛。
1) deal (n.) 交易;make a deal with...与……交易
2) freelancer (n.) 自由工作者
奥巴马回应空椅对话 称仍是老戏骨忠实粉丝
体坛英语资讯:Juventus beat Inter Milan in International Champions Cup
心形石头走红网络 心形真是源于心脏?
最让英国人脸红的50个尴尬瞬间
法国杂志刊登第一女友泳装照 被罚2000欧元
美国特种兵大比拼 三角洲军团 vs 海豹突击队
体坛英语资讯:Filipe Luis: Flamengo move a childhood dream
国内英语资讯:China urges Japan to honor its commitment, take actions to win Asian neighbors trust
青春因何迷茫? 家长应该淡定些
候诊室里的圣诞节