职场口语主题:职场社交口语话题【56--你现在要怎么做?】
Dave: How was Elvin?
戴夫: 艾文还好吗?
Zina: Hey, look. My 1) admirer has 2) struck again.
吉娜: 嘿,你看。我的仰慕者又出动了。
Dave: Another note? But how? I didn't see anyone!
戴夫: 又有纸条?怎么会?我没看到有人啊!
Zina: It's an e-mail. It says, We need to meet. / I'll give you a sweet treat. / It's not what you think.*
吉娜: 这是封电子邮件。上面写着:“我们得见面。我会给你甜头。可别想歪了。”
Dave: Uh-oh. He's 3) heating up. What are you going to do now?
戴夫: 不好喽。他准备要发动攻势了。你现在要怎么做?
Zina: You know what, I think I know who my admirer is.
吉娜: 你知道吗,我想我知道仰慕我的人是谁了。
Dave: You do? Who?
戴夫: 你知道?是谁?
---------------------------------------------------------------
语言详解
A: I have been an admirer of yours for many years.
我多年来都是你的爱慕者。
B: Thank you. I feel honored.
谢谢。我感很荣幸。
【You know what 你知道吗】
这个句型并非疑问句,而是感叹词,与Listen! 或 Look!“听着!” 有点相同,是要对方注意听接下去的话。相似的句子还有 guess what。
A: Did Monica go to the party?
莫妮卡参加了那次聚会没有?
B: You know what, she turned up at last with a handsome young man.
你知道吗,她最后和一位帅哥一道出现。
A: You look tired.
你看起来很累。
B: Guess what, I think I need a vacation.
你知道吗?我想我需要休假。
1) admirer (n.) 仰慕者
2) strike (v.) 出动,攻击。过去式是 struck。
3) heat up(情况)加压,加温
上一篇: 职场口语:办公室洋美眉们的"损人大全"