职场口语主题:职场社交口语话题【16--我不敢居功】
艾文与玛莉在意式浓缩咖啡前出现
Mary: Are you Elvin?
玛莉: 你是艾文吗?
Elvin: Elvin Dixon. Who are you?
艾文: 艾文迪克森。你是谁?
Mary: I'm Mary. I want to say I really 1) admire the software you're designed.
玛莉: 我是玛莉。我真的很欣赏你设计的软件。
Elvin: Easy stuff. But thanks. And the 1)admiration is 2) mutual.
艾文: 简单的玩意。不过还是谢了。这份欣赏是彼此彼此。
Mary: It is?
玛莉: 真的?
Elvin: You're selling InfoKing 3) subscriptions like nobody's business. And we don't even have a working 4) demo yet.
艾文: 你把“资讯王”的订阅卖得如入无人之境。 而我们甚至连能用的样品都还没着落呢。
Mary: I can't take the credit for that. I'm just Zina's assistant. She's the 5) pro.
玛莉: 我不敢居功。我只是吉娜的助手。她才是高手。
-----------------------------------------------------------------
语言详解
A: Here's a demo of our product.
这是我们产品的样品。
B: Thank you. I'll take a look at it and get back in touch with you.
谢谢。我看过之后再联络你。
【like nobody's business 如入无人之境】
like nobody's business可以用来表达“无人能出其右”,形容此人相当有一手:
A: They play the blues like nobody's business.
他们演奏蓝调的技巧无人能敌。
B: I have to go and see them.
我一定要去看看他们。
【take the credit居功】
credit是“功劳,赞扬”的意思,take the credit就是指“因为功劳而接受赞扬”,可以用在正面的“居功”。
A: Josh, you are amazing!
乔许,你真是令人不可思议!
B: I can't take the credit for this job. We all worked hard on it.
这工作我不能居功。大家都很努力。
1) admire (v.) 仰慕,钦羡;名词是admiration
2) mutual (a.) 互相的
3) subscription (n.) 订阅
4) demo (n.) (商品的)样品,demonstration的略缩。
5) pro (n.) 专家,系professional 的略缩
上一篇: 职场社交英语:【32--我太紧张了】