职场口语主题:职场社交口语话题【22--你打算回应他吗?】
吉娜和戴夫在隔间里
Zina: He's been here again.
吉娜: 他又到过这里了。
Dave: Rhumba Boy? What did he write this time?
戴夫: 伦巴男孩?他这次写了什么?
Zina: I am not mean. / Actually, I am quite clean. / Will you be my queen? / Answer me in green, / on your computer screen./
吉娜: “我不卑鄙。 其实我很干净。汝愿当吾手中玉?用绿色的纸回答我,在你的电脑屏幕上。”
Dave: Are you going to answer him?
戴夫: 你打算回应他吗?
Zina: Yes. don't like your green notes. / They make me see red. / Show your head, / and you'll 1) end up dead.
吉娜: 对。“我不爱你的绿纸条。它们让我气得脸通红。若敢露脸,就要你死。”
------------------------------------
语言详解
A: Isn't Lisa your girlfriend?.
莉莎不是你的女朋友吗?
B: Actually, we broke up. Now I'm dating Jane.
其实我们分手了。我现在跟阿珍在约会。
【He's been here. 他到过这里。】
have/has been here隐含“现在已经离开这里”的意思,要是have/has come here即是表示“现在人在这里”。同理have/has been there意味着“已经离开那里”,而have/has gone there说明“尚在那里”。
A: Where have you been? I haven't seen you and Peter for a long time.
你这一向在哪里?我很久没有见到你和彼德。
B: I have been in Bangkok for a while, and Peter has gone to the U.S.
我曾一度到曼谷,彼德去了美国。
1) end up 落得......的下场