Jerry:
Hello, Elizabeth. How are you?
你好,伊丽莎白。近来好吗?
Elizabeth:
Fine, thanks.
很好,谢谢。
Jerry:
Are you sure you’re all right? You look a bit worried today. Is anything wrong?
你肯定没事?你今天看上去有点着急,是不是出了什么事?
Elizabeth:
Well, yes, there is something wrong actually. Perhaps you can give me some advice.
嗯,的确出了点事,或许你能给我提些建议。
Jerry:
Of course, if I can.
当然,只要我能办到。
Elizabeth:
Well, last night when I returned from the theatre, I found that I’d lost my wallet.
嗯,昨晚我从剧院回来后,发现我的钱包丢了。
Jerry:
Oh dear! That’s terrible! What was in your wallet?
哎呀,那就太糟了!钱包里都有些什么?
Elizabeth:
Well, some money, of course, my visa, all my identity cards and some photos.
唉,当然有些钱,还有我的签证和所有证明身份的证件以及一些照片。
Jerry:
Well, if I were you, I’d go to the police station straight away and report it.
嗯,如果我是你,我就直接去公安局报案。
Elizabeth:
Yes, I’ve already done that, and they said they’d look for it. But we’re leaving soon and I need my visa and identitycards badly.
是啊,我已这样做了,他们说他们会找的。但是我们马上就要离开这里了,我急需签证和所有身份证明。
Jerry:
Oh dear! What a pity! Are you sure you lost the wallet in the theatre?
唉,真遗憾!你肯定是把钱包丢在剧院了吗?
Elizabeth:
Yes, quite sure.
是的,肯定如此。
Jerry:
I think you should put an advertisement in the China Daily, saying when and where you lost it.
我想你应该在《中国日报》上登则启事,说明遗失钱包的时间与地点。
Elizabeth:
But that takes too long.
不过那太费时间。
Jerry:
Wait a minute! My uncle lives in Beijing and he lives very close to the theatre. I’ll telephone him and ask him to go thereto inquire about it. You’d better have breakfast now and I’ll meet you later.
等一下,我想起来了!我的叔叔就在北京,而且住的地方离剧院很近。我可以打电话给他请他去剧院打听一下。你现在最好去吃早饭,过一会我来找你。
Elizabeth:
Oh, thank you. I hope he finds it.
啊,谢谢。我希望他能找到。
上一篇: 职场英语口语:暴饮暴食对身体不好
下一篇: 职场英语口语:我认为它不适合你