Mary:
I hope you won't mind a little friendly advice.
我希望你不介意一些善意的忠告。
Jimmy:
Not at all. They say a true friend is the one who tells you the truth about yourself.
一点也不介意。俗话说对你说真话的才是你真正的朋友。
Mary:
Well, I've noticed that you haven't been looking so well lately. I'd like to introduce you to a good doctor.
嗯,我注意到你最近脸色不太好,我想介绍一个好医生给你。
Jimmy:
Yeah, I'm not feeling good lately.
是的,我最近是感觉不太好。
Mary:
Let me make an appointment with my doctor, Doctor Smith. He's very good.
让我来和我的医生预约一下。史密斯医生,他是个很好的医生。
Jimmy:
Thanks. I'd appreciate it.
谢谢,我很感激。
对话讲解:
friendly adj. 友好的;朋友般的
He is friendly to us all.
他对我们大家都很友好。
tell the truth 告诉真相,说实话
It was courageous of you to tell the truth.
你说了实话,真勇敢。
ntroduce vt. (与to连用)介绍
He introduced his friend to me.
他把朋友介绍给我。
上一篇: 职场英语口语:做空姐能只脸蛋儿漂亮
下一篇: 职场英语口语:您选的这些可都是精选菜