Interviewer:
Have you ever worked as a tour guide?
你当过导游吗?
Applicant:
I have a little experience. I guided a few foreign tourists around Beijing last year as a part-time job. I showed them to the Great Wall, the Imperial Palace, and the Summer Palace.
我有一点经验。去年我带领一些外国旅客在北京观光,那是份兼职工作。我带领他们去了长城、故宫和颐和园。
Interviewer:
Then you may know that it`s hard work.
那你可能知道这是份辛苦的工作。
Applicant:
Yes, I know. A friend of mine is a guide. He talked with me about his work, but I don`t mind working hard.
是的,我知道。我有一个朋友是导游。他跟我谈过他的工作,但我不介意工作辛苦。
Interviewer:
Have you applied with any other companies?
你向其它公司申请过吗?
Applicant:
No, this is my first.
没有,这是第一次。
Interviewer:
Is there anything you want to ask about?
你有什么事情想问吗?
Applicant:
I`d like to be an overseas tour guide someday. Would there ever be any chance of that?
我希望有天能做国际导游。将来我会有这样的机会吗?
Interviewer:
Certainly. There`ll be a good chance of that if you work for this company. Not right away, of course, but in a few years, after you learn more about our business, you may go overseas with a tour group. Any questions?
当然有。如果你在这家公司工作,就会有好机会。当然不是马上就有,但是往后几年,在你学到更多本公司的业务后,你就可以带团去国外了。还有什么问题吗?
Applicant:
Yes. When can I get the decision? I hope you can give me a definite answer as soon as possible. If I`m turned down, I ll have to secure a position elsewhere.
哦,我何时能知道你们的决定呢?我希望您能尽快给我一个明确的答复。如果我被拒绝了,我还得去别的地方找工作。
Interviewer:
All right, then. We`ll get in touch with you within a week. Thank you for coming today, Mr. Sun.
好,我在一周之内会与你联络。谢谢你过来,孙先生。
Applicant:
Thank you. Good-bye.
谢谢你。再见。
Interviewer:
Good-bye.
再见。
对话讲解:
guide vt. 领路;带领
They guided us to the office.
他们带领我们到了办公室。
go overseas 去国外
If you go overseas, will you take the children out with you?
如果你去海外,你会带上孩子吗?
turn down 拒绝
We've had to turn down four applicants already.
我们已经不得不回绝了四位申请人。
上一篇: 职场英语口语:要相信有志者事竟成
下一篇: 职场英语口语:以前有过类似的工作经历
万万没想到!七个让你惊呼“厉害了”的冷知识
快速自测:你的身体和你的年龄配套吗?
国内英语资讯:China leads global quantum communication development
国际英语资讯:50,000 protesters gather in Manchester as Mays Conservatives start their conference
老外评出“史上最难懂的25本名著”,读过3本算你赢!
国际英语资讯:Iran says regional conflicts need political solutions
国际英语资讯:Kenyas electoral contenders hold crucial talks ahead of repeat vote
国际英语资讯:Spotlight: Worst mass shooting reignites gun control debate among Americans
英语美文:有一种贫穷,叫做短视
国际英语资讯:Bumpy road ahead for NAFTA talks, warn Mexican lawmakers
国际英语资讯:Palestinian consensus government takes over in Gaza
体坛英语资讯:Chinas Zhang Shuai advance to face Radwanska in China Open
体坛英语资讯:Peru coach Gareca says team wont man-mark Messi
不要在假期想工作,那只会适得其反
体坛英语资讯:O.J. Simpson released on parole after nine years in prison
国内英语资讯:Chinese president congratulates Canadas new governor general Julie Payette
听说日本要收“单身税”?为什么受伤的总是单身狗?
川普总统周二前往波多黎各视察灾情
美参议院批准洪博培出任驻俄罗斯大使
国内英语资讯:Chinese peacekeepers honored in S. Sudan
英美文学中的浪漫CP(组图)[1]
国际英语资讯:Mexican Senators call on U.S. Congress to pass gun control legislation
国际英语资讯:EU, NATO chiefs inaugurate new center to counter hybrid threats
体坛英语资讯:Colombia recall forwards Bacca, Zapata for World Cup qualifiers
体坛英语资讯:Chinese sportswear giant ANTA become official partner of Beijing 2022 Winter Olympics
国内英语资讯:China, EEU complete negotiations on economic, trade cooperation agreement
体坛英语资讯:PSV, Ajax, Feyenoord book comfortable wins
国内英语资讯:Chartered flights bring home nearly 400 Chinese stranded by Hurricane Maria
拉斯维加斯民众排长队为枪击受害者献血
国际英语资讯:Egypts FM: no military solution to Yemeni crisis