Sarah:
So, have you seen all three The Lord of the Rings movies?
哎,指环王三部曲你看过吗?
Ben:
Yes, but I didn’t really like the third one at all.
都看过,不过我一点儿也不喜欢第三部.
Sarah:
That’s the Return of the King, right?
是国王归来,对吗?
Ben:
Yeah. Even though the customs were brilliant, I didn’t think it was as good as the first two. What did you think?
对.尽管服装做得很精致,但我还是觉得不如前两部拍的好.你觉得呢?
Sarah:
I thought the special effects were amazing, but I got a bit confused. The plot was too complicated for me.
我觉得特技做得棒极了,不过我有点儿没看明白.情节对我来说太复杂了.
Ben:
Did you read the books before you watched the movies?
你看电影之前读过原著吗?
Sarah:
No. did you?
没有.你看过吗?
Ben:
Yes, I’ve read them many times. I think it’s much easier to follow for people who were already familiar with all the characters.
看过,而且看过很多遍.我觉得对书中的人物角色熟悉了之后,再去理解电影里的人物就能容易得多.
Sarah:
Yes, trying to keep track of all the characters was quite confusing for me.
是啊, 我总想把复杂的人物关系理清楚,结果越弄越糊涂.
Ben:
I also think that it was much better in the theatre than at home.
而且我还觉得,去电影院比在家的观影效果要好得多.
Sarah:
Most movies are. Another problem for me was the film was dubbed in German with English subtitles.
大多数片子是这样的.还有个问题,就是这部电影是德语配音,英文字幕.
Ben:
That happens a lot in non-English speaking countries.
这种情况在非英语国家很常见.
Sarah:
I heard that The Return of the King was nominated for 11 Oscars.
我听说国王归来获得了11项奥斯卡提名.
Ben:
Actually, they not only had 11 nominations, but they won 11 Oscars, too!
其实不仅仅是荣获11项提名,它还获得了11项奥斯卡奖!
上一篇: 职场英语口语:赢金牌是每个运动员的梦想
下一篇: 职场英语口语:中国人的名字都有讲究