Tom:
Sorry. I didn’t mean to be lateR. Can I come in?
抱歉。我不是故意迟到的。我能进来吗?
Teacher:
What’s your excuse this time?
你这次的借口是什么?
Tom:
Have I used the one that my sister is sick?
我已经说过我妹妹生病这个理由了吗?
Teacher:
Yes, twice last week.
是的,你上周就说过两次了。
Tom:
Are you sure? I thought I said it was my mother.
您肯定吗?我觉得我说的是我妈妈生病了。
Teacher:
I don’t think so. But it could’ve been.
我可不这么认为。不过也许是吧。
Tom:
Well. You can trust me this time. My sister is definitely sick. I’m just coming from the hospital. They say she might even die.
嗯,这次您可以相信我。我妹妹真的病了。我刚从医院回来。他们说她有生命危险。
Teacher:
I don’t buy your story. Try not to have any more sick relatives this week, all right?
我才不相信你的鬼话呢。这周尽量不要再有其他的亲戚生病了,好吗?
Tom:
I’ll do my best.
我尽力吧。
Teacher:
Just try to be a little more punctual in the future.
以后要准时点儿啊。
Tom:
I’m working on it. Really!
我正在努力呢。真的!
上一篇: 职场英语口语:年轻人向往的是无拘无束
下一篇: 职场英语口语:好学生不能一刻不停地学