Mary:
You big coward! I’m just joking.
你真是个胆小鬼!我只是开玩笑而已。
Harry:
You know, I get spooked from ghost stories and scary movies. The scary movies made my hair stand on end, and keep me awake at night.
你知道我被鬼故事和恐怖电影吓着了。恐怖电影把我吓得头发都竖起来了,晚上也睡不着觉。
Harry:
Stop playing around. You know, I get scared when you start talking like this.
别瞎说了。你知道,你这么一说我就开始害怕了。
Mary:
He died? ten years ago.
他十年前就去世了。
Harry:
Big deal! That’s not very scary. Next you’ll tell me he’s dead.
有什么了不起的!这并不吓人。你接下来肯定会告诉我他死了。
Mary:
Do you want to hear something spooky? I met my uncle yesterday.
你想听我讲一些鬼的事情吗?我昨天遇到我叔叔了。
Mary:
Actually, I wasn’t completely joking. I saw him in a dream last night.
实际上,我也没有完全在开玩笑。昨晚我确实梦到他了。
Harry:
Maybe you just miss him.
可能是你想他了。
Mary:
Yeah, he was a great uncle, very kind to me, when he was alive?.
是啊,他是个很好的叔叔,生前对我很好的。
Harry:
Next time try not to scare me too much with your stories. You know it upsets me.
下次可别拿这种故事来吓我了,你知道这会使我心神不宁的。
Mary:
OK. I promise.
好的。我保证。
上一篇: 看见偶像好高兴啊:VOA职场口语
下一篇: 职场英语:化解同事矛盾的英语对话