Summer is here and it is hot.
夏天来了,天气热起来了。
Whether you’re wearing a suit on Wall Street or rocking Silicon Valley casual, it can be hard to keep yourself looking composed after a foray into the blistering heat and humidity.
无论你是穿着西装走在华尔街上还是穿着便装在硅谷闲逛,当你猛然钻进酷热潮湿的地方时,你很难做到沉稳镇静。
But that isn't to say you have to look like a sweaty mess any time you get indoors. Here are a tips for staying fresh that you can use wherever you are.
但那并不是说当你走进室内的时候,你都要成一副大汗淋漓的样子。这里有一些不论你走到哪里都能用得上的小技巧,它们会让你保持干爽整洁。
First and foremost: Stay hydrated.
首先就是保持水分。
Water is preferable. Beer can be used as needed.
饮水更为可取。不得已时,可以来点啤酒。
Wear suits with open weave fabrics like high twist wools, fresco, linen, and cotton.
西装面料要选择有良好透气性的面料,像高捻羊毛、丝织物、亚麻和棉花。
Your average wool is not the most breathable fabric, even in lighter weights. Look for natural fabrics that have open weaves like high twist wools, fresco, linen and cotton. The difference in a suit made of a high twist wool or linen compared to one of worsted wool is remarkable.
普通的羊毛不是透气性最好的一种面料,即使是质量很轻。找找天然的面料,比如通过稀松织法纺织的面料,像高捻毛线、丝织物、亚麻和棉。把用高捻羊毛和亚麻制成的西服跟用劣质的羊毛制成的西服相比,差距是显著的。
Have your spring and summer suit jackets half lined or self lined.
对于春夏穿的西装,可以做套半麻衬或全麻衬的。
This will allow more air to penetrate your jacket and keep you cooler.
这会增加西服的透气性,让你保持凉爽。
Wear suits in lighter blues, grays and tans.
穿着的西装可以选淡蓝色、淡灰色和淡棕色。
Dark blues and grays absorb more heat from the sun than lighter colors.
比起浅色,深蓝色和深灰色会从太阳那里吸收更多的热量。
Wear an undershirt.
穿汗衫。
It may not necessarily keep you cooler, but it will at least keep a majority of your sweat from hitting your shirt.
它不一定让你感觉更凉爽,但它至少不会让大部分的汗水浸湿你的衬衫。
Take your jacket off during your commute.
在去上班的路上,脱掉你的外套。
In the most dire situations removing your jacket while walking may be necessary. Just make sure to carry it in a presentable way, like folded over your forearm.
在大多数糟糕的情况下,脱掉外套步行是可以的。一定要以恰当的方式携带,比如折叠好西服,挂在前臂。
Loafers are cooler than wearing than lace-ups.
穿平底便鞋要比穿系带鞋凉爽很多。
Not wearing socks is cooler than wearing socks. (Most firms require socks, though).
不穿袜子要比穿着袜子凉快。(然而大多数公司要求穿袜子。)
Keep extra shirts at your desk.
在书桌上留几件备用衬衫。
Go Don Draper on your drawer space and stock some extra dress shirts in them. It’s more practical than you may think.
在抽屉里腾出一些空间,把备用的礼服衬衫放在里面。这招比你想象的更为实用。
Carry a handkerchief.
携带手帕。
Keep a handkerchief with you at all times to wipe sweat off your brow.
随身携带一块手帕,擦去额头的汗水。
Carry everything you need to freshen up when you arrive at your destination.
带上所有你需要的,在你到达目的地后梳洗一番。
Stop in the bathroom when arriving to the office or client site to make sure you look presentable. You don’t want to be that sweaty guy in the corner.
当你到了办公室或客户的办公地点时,记得先去趟洗手间,确保自己得体出席。你可不想自己成为角落里那个流汗的家伙吧。
(实习编辑:于晓伟)
上一篇: 第一份工作来了:选择接受还是继续等待?
下一篇: 工作发生重大变动 你如何化劣势为优势