Never assume you're better than your co-workers just because you come from an elite school.
不要因为你来自名校就以为你比同事强。
Don't tell your supervisor that you can't work late tonight because you have plans.
别跟主管说你今晚不能熬夜是因为你有别的安排。
Don't leave the office before your supervisor, even if that means you spend a few hours staring at the wall or surfing the net.
不要走得比主管早,即使是你走之间花一段时间盯着墙壁发呆或是上网乱逛。
Never talk about how you hate your internship or your co-workers. You never know who's listening.
别抱怨你的实习工作或同事,当心隔墙有耳。
Don't slack off if your boss isn't in for the day. Ask other people if they have anything for you to complete.
假使老板不在你也别偷懒,问问其他人有什么是你能做的。
Don't ask a person the same question more than once.
同一个问题别重复问第二次。
Don't make the mistake of hitting "reply all" on a company email. There are enough viral web stories to inform you of the results of that mistake.
回复公司邮件时不要犯误点“回复全部”的错误。网上有不少段子能告诉你这么做的后果。
Don't forget to check for misspellings and punctuation in emails, even if your boss writes like a kindergartner.
别忘了检查邮件里的错别字和标点符号,即使你的老板写邮件和小孩子写得一样。
Don't hit on the cute guy/girl intern in your group. This is unprofessional and at the very least, could make things awkward.
别在实习的时候喜欢上你同组的帅小伙/姑娘,至少这很不职业,而且可能会演变得很糟糕。
Never say that you just wanted to see what banking is like. If you do, kiss your full time offer good-bye.
不要说你只是为了想见识下银行业是怎么样的。如果你这么说,就别想得到全职offer了。
Never brag about who you know or what you've done. Only discuss this when asked.
永远别吹嘘你认识谁谁谁,或是你做过什么事。仅仅当被问及的时候才讨论这些东西。
Don't open your pay check in front of your boss. They already know how much it is and they don't want to see your pathetic reaction.
别在老板面前打开你的工资条。他们知道里面有多少钱,也不想看你那沮丧的表情。
Don't wear nice watches. Your co-works will assume that you're spoiled or it's a fake.
别戴名表。你的同事会觉得你被宠坏了或者那是块假表。
Don't forget to clip your suit vents. Otherwise everyone who rides the elevator with you will laugh behind your back.
别忘了夹好你西装后面的开叉口。不然等你坐电梯时会有人在背后笑你。
Do not wear French collared shirts. You're not Gordon Gekko.
别穿法式有领衬衫,你不是戈登·盖柯(电影《华尔街》主角)。
Never wear cuff-links. If first year analysts don't wear them, then neither should you.
别戴袖章。头一年的分析师都不会戴它们,你也不应该戴。
Never forget to carry your company-issued Blackberry and always make sure it's charged.
别忘了带上你的工作用电话,而且要确保它随时有电。
Don't wear white socks and don't tell your boss that you haven't had time to do laundry.
别穿白袜子,也别告诉你的老板你没时间洗。
Don't forget to iron your shirt, even if you wear a suit jacket all day.
别忘了熨平你的衬衫,即使你每天都会穿外套。
Don't flash around expensive brands in the office. You'll just come off spoiled. That means no Hermès ties or Gucci loafers.
别在办公室到处炫耀昂贵的名牌,那样只会显得被家里宠坏了。也就是说别戴爱马仕的领带,别穿古奇的人字拖。
Never chew with your mouth open at company get-togethers — you're not in your college's cafeteria.
别在公司聚餐上张嘴咀嚼——你可不是在你们学校的食堂里。
Never be the first person in the kitchen after the company email goes out that there's free food.
在收到公司短信说有免费伙食的时候别第一个就冲到餐厅去。
Don't try to shake hands with everyone you meet. It's just gross.
别试着想和所有你遇到的人握手,那显得很粗鲁。
Don't bring gross bagged lunches from home. Nobody should have to smell what you just took out of the microwave, good or bad.
别从家里带午饭。没人想闻你刚从微波炉里拿出来的饭菜的味道,不管是好闻还是不好闻。
Don't wear any bright colors. You're not important enough to make a fashion statement.
不要穿任何亮丽的颜色。你还没那么重要,轮不到你来做时尚宣言。
上一篇: 忠诚的员工赚得更多
下一篇: 世界上最奇葩的十大职业
考古新发现:人类的祖先是老鼠
国际英语资讯:U.S. Texas legislators call for rethinking gun laws after church mass shooting
国内英语资讯:Xi congratulates journalists association on 80th anniversary
国内英语资讯:China Focus: China publishes draft supervision law to solicit public opinion
国际英语资讯:UKs Intl development secretary resigns over undeclared meetings
国内英语资讯:Premier Li demands more help on small business financing
购物节不只有双11,年末各大促销日盘点
体坛英语资讯:Feature: In Argentina, football keeps kids on right track
赛琳娜新单《Wolves》表白比伯!下周将首发!
带病上班不是好事
国内英语资讯:China to maintain macroeconomic policy in 2018
国际英语资讯:NATO defense ministers agree on creating two new commands
Heart surgery and your body clock 心脏手术和人体生物钟之间的联系
2017年12月英语六级作文范文:守时
国内英语资讯:Second volume of Xis book on governance published
媒体报道:三名美国大学生篮球运动员在中国被捕
喂芥末 喷消毒水 携程亲自幼儿园虐童事件!
中国打击比特币努力效果有限
体坛英语资讯:Indonesia holds shooting test event for Asian Games
习近平特朗普同游故宫!那些让特朗普惊叹的殿、楼、斋,用英文怎么说?
体坛英语资讯:Kenya Olympic champion Sumgong banned for four years
国内英语资讯:China Focus: Xi hosts Trump with iconic Chinese culture
体坛英语资讯:Ukraine cyclist Kononenko wins Tour of Fuzhou opening stage
体坛英语资讯:Feature: Banned Kenyan star Sumgong seeks reduced ban after admitting to rEPO use
体坛英语资讯:Loew convinced: Risky World Cup preparation will help German team
中国人英语水平列全球第36位 上海领跑全国
体坛英语资讯:Allure of breaking world record inspires champ Obiri ahead of new season
国内英语资讯:China calls for patience over probe of chemical weapons use in Syria
亚太经合组织第25次领导人非正式会议主题前瞻
国内英语资讯:Over 1,000 new products to debut at China hi-tech fair