别让感情影响了你的工作,如果有什么心结,不妨向同事请教一下。比如 Mary 就因为男友的过去而感到烦恼……
Mary: Jane, I'm very upset about something. Can I talk with you? I'd like your opinion.
玛丽:简,我心情不好,能和你聊聊吗?我想听听你的意见。
Jane: What is it about? Oh, is it about Ed?
简:怎么了?哦,是关于爱德华吗?
Mary: Yeah, sort of...
玛丽:差不多吧。
Jane: So, what's up?
简:到底怎么了?
Mary: What do you think of Ed, Jane?
玛丽:你觉得他这人怎么样,简?
Jane: What do I think of him? You know him better than I do, don't you?
简:我觉得他怎么样?你比我更了解他呀,不是吗?
Mary: Please, don't tease me. Just tell me.
玛丽:求你,别逗我了。快告诉我。
Jane: Well, remember the other day when you said that Ed is a man who really shows you nothing but consideration?
简:好吧,还记得那天你说爱德华非常关心你吧?
Mary: Uh-hunh...
玛丽:恩。
Jane: And remember you said that he really makes you happy?
简:记得你说过他能让你开心?
Mary: Yeah. (Heave a sigh) Ed is indeed a gentleman. He has wonderful manners and is respectful of me. But I'm really bothered by his past!
玛丽:是(叹气)。他确实是个绅士。他举止得体、对我很有礼貌。但是一想到他的过去我就心烦意乱。
Jane: His past!? Was he an ex-con or something?
简:他的过去?他过去坐过牢还是什么?
Mary: No, no, no. That's not what I mean. He used to have a girlfriend and he loved her very much. He almost married her if it were not for an accident.
玛丽:不是不是,我不是这个意思。他曾经有一个女朋友,而且非常爱她。如果不是一次意外他差点跟她结婚。
Jane: Oh, I see. But why are you so bothered? That's already a history, isn't it?
简:哦,原来是这样。但是你烦什么呢?那已经是过去了呀,不是吗?
Mary: I know. But I just can't get it off my mind.
玛丽:我知道,但是我总是想个没完。
Jane: Come on, Mary. You're just being a little jealous, but that's just fine. You know, when you love him, you've got to love his past, his everything...
简:哎呀,玛丽,你就是有点嫉妒罢了,没关系的。知道吗,你爱他就要爱他的过去、爱他的全部。
上一篇: 办公室英语会话实例:失眠
下一篇: 讨论业务和佣金问题(2)
从瑜伽中汲取投资智慧
国内英语资讯:Chinas new FTZs inaugurated to push forward opening up
刘海控看过来:8招对付长得太快没造型的刘海
国内英语资讯:China, the Philippines set up joint steering committee on oil, gas cooperation
国内英语资讯:Xi calls for joint efforts with Philippines in achieving early adoption of COC
毕业生择业两难 国企OR私企
G8峰会:奥巴马独占酒店体育馆 普京被迫冰湖游泳
最美好的时光:毕业后工作前你该做什么?
国内英语资讯:China honors outstanding builders of socialism with Chinese characteristics
生活因变化而精彩:5种方式打造精彩生活
体坛英语资讯:Chinas volleyball team among six teams to qualify for Tokyo Games
器官配给—谁来决定生死权?
国内英语资讯:Xi, Duterte meet on pushing forward ties
亲爱的别生气:10种方法教你控制愤怒情绪
夏天到了蚊子来了:10大原因你为什么老被蚊子咬
《植物大战僵尸2》七月全球登场 超萌预告发布
浪漫其实并不难:如何做一个浪漫的人?
国内英语资讯:China, U.S. negotiation teams maintain effective communication: MOC
娱乐英语资讯:British actor Tim Roth receives top Sarajevo Film Festival award
广西玉林狗肉节开幕 万条狗将被屠杀引争议