托尼的工作显然做得不好,因此在汇报时少不了被老板责难。
(T = Tony, B= boss)
T: Hello, it's Tony, in Manchester.
你好,我是托尼,曼彻斯特。
B: Oh, hello Tony. How's the exhibition? Is it going well?
你好,托尼。展会怎么样?一切都顺利吗?
T: Er, no, not really. It's very quiet actually! We are not doing much!
呃,不是很顺利。实际上非常安静。我们都没什么可干的。
B: What? That's awful? How can you say that, Tony? Did you speak to the conference manager again?
什么?那么糟? 怎么会这样呢,托尼?你和展会的经理又谈了吗?
T: Er, no, no. Why?
呃,没,没有。怎么了。
B: To get a better stand of course! We are paying a lot of money for that exhibition and for your hotel! Can't you speak to him again?
要一个好的展位呀!我们为这个展会和你们的旅馆付了很多钱的!你不能再和他谈谈吗?
T: Er, OK. I'll do my best.
呃,好的,我会尽力的。
B: Have you spoken to any good agents yet?
你有没有和一些好的代理商谈谈?
T: Well, yes. There is one company, they seem very nice.
哦,有。有一家公司看起来不错。
B: Nice? Nice? Have they got any experience? Are they reliable?
不错?不错?他们有经验吗?可靠吗?
T: Erm, er, I'm not sure. I'll ask May...
呃,嗯,我不太肯定。我会问下梅……
T: Hello? Are you still there?
喂,您还在吗?
B: Yes, I'm here.
嗯,在。
T: Em, we aren't sure about the agents.
嗯,代理商我们不太确定。
B: Tony, please could you speak to them again and get more details about their experience.
托尼,你能不能再和他们谈谈,多了解一些他们的经历。
T: But, they want to sign a contract tomorrow.
可是,他们想明天签合同。
B: No, Tony. Do NOT sign anything until we know a lot more about them. Please get full details about their track record. I want to know who they've worked with before, exactly. Can you please send me a full report tomorrow.
不行,托尼。在了解之前我们不能和他们签任何东西。请你了解详细的经营情况。我想知道他们都和谁合作过,详细情况。你明天能不能给我一份详细报告?
T: But I was going to go to the cinema tonight!
可是我今晚打算去看电影。
B: Tony, you are not there to go to the cinema!
托尼,你不是去那里看电影的!
T: Fine. We also need more brochures.
好的。我们还需要一些宣传册。
B: OK. I'll send some more immediately. I'll start preparing a contract but we need a lot more information.
好的,我会立刻送一些过去的。我会准备起草合同,但我们需要更多了解他们。
上一篇: 讨论业务和佣金问题(1)
下一篇: 出差宾馆登记(1)
国内英语资讯:China remains committed to building new type of intl relations under opening-up policy: am
假期出游注意,这八个景点对游客说“不”
假资讯也有好处?
优衣库花20亿请了个新代言人
娱乐英语资讯: Chinese musician takes unique adventure in jazz
白金汉宫竟然在卖梅根同款婚戒!价格震惊到我了
那些年粑粑麻麻说过的谎言
国内英语资讯:Chinese embassy in Somalia hosts reception to mark Chinas National Day
国内英语资讯:China to introduce more measures to facilitate foreign investment
产假休了6个月!凯特王妃正式恢复王室工作
低头族注意!继地面交通灯后 荷兰又出新规禁止骑车人看手机
新西兰女总理带娃到联合国开会
国内英语资讯:China willing to boost communication, coordination with Germany at Security Council
2018维密秀遭老外抵制?原因你绝对猜不到
据说,今年秋天流行这样的装扮
我们眼中奇怪的歪果仁
国内英语资讯:Feature: China opens embassy in Dominican Republic
娱乐英语资讯:Chinas popular theatrical artist to entertain U.S. audience with classical contemporary Ch
娱乐英语资讯:32nd Macao intl music festival kicks off
为抵制校园欺凌 韩国推出共享大叔服务
娱乐英语资讯:U.S. comedian sentenced to 3-10 years in prison for sexual assault
国内英语资讯:Chinese FM refutes U.S. allegations, stresses adherence to non-interference policy
十月大片前瞻:好电影都到我碗里来吧!
Justin bieber承认结婚!还称海莉是小天使!
中国正兴起咖啡热,互联网咖啡成新宠?
震惊! 研究显示高个子更容易患上静脉曲张!
相亲碰到这7种人 一定要果断放弃
价值380美金的Gucci泳衣不能游泳,居然还脱销?!
刷牙太少可能得肺病?这个新研究吓到我了
国内英语资讯:China releases five-year plan on rural vitalization strategy