A competency-based interviewer will spend about half the interview on your job skills, and about half on your behavioral competencies. He or she will be looking for evidence of how you have acted in real situations in the past. 能力测试面试官会花一半时间面试你的工作技能;另一半时间面试你的行为能力。他或她会去寻找过去你在现实情景中是如何表现的。
An employer wants to find out 雇主想知道:
* Are you an asset or liability? In other words, will you make money or save money for the company? 你是一项资产还是债务?换句话说,你会替公司赚钱还是省钱?
* Are you a team player? Will you fit into the corporate hierarchy or be like sand in the gears? Can you take and give (if appropriate) orders? 你是否有团队精神?你能适应企业上下级关系吗?还是会格格不入?你能接受及下达命令吗(如果必须的话)?
* Will you fit into the company culture? They don't want prima donnas. 你能融入企业文化吗?公司不想要自我本位的人。
The best way to show these traits is to take the initiative and have several personal stories that you can tell, taking maybe 30 to 90 seconds each. 展现这些特质的最好方法就是采取主动;准备几个合适的故事;每个故事讲述时间在30-90秒。
You may want to start by developing your stories around these seven areas 你也许希望从以下方面来构建你的故事:
1. Times where you either made money or saved money for your current or previous company.
你给当前或过去公司省钱/赚钱的经历。
2. A crisis in your life or job and how you responded or recovered from it.
你对生活或工作中曾出现的危机如何应对。
3. A time where you functioned as part of a team and what your contribution was.
你在团队中的工作以及贡献。
4. A time in your career or job where you had to overcome stress.
你在过去工作中克服压力的经历。
5. A time in your job where you provided successful leadership or a sense of direction.
你在工作中成功发挥领导才能的经历。
6. A failure that occurred in your job and how you overcame it.
你在工作上经历过的失败以及从失败中崛起的经历。
7. Any seminal events that happened during your career to cause you to change direction and how that worked out for you.
职业生涯中任何让你改变方向的重大事件;以及这些事件是如何影响你的。
I want to emphasize that an interview should not be an interrogation. It should be a conversation between two equals. When you accomplish this you come away a step closer to your goal of landing the job you really want, because... 我想强调的是面试不应该是审问,应该是基于平等的一次谈话。做到这点后,你就会离你心仪工作又近一步,因为……
It's the conversation that wins an interview, and it's the conversation that wins the job. 为你赢得面试机会的是对话;为你赢得工作的也是对话。
To have a conversation, have your stories ready. 要进行对话;请准备好你的故事。
上一篇: 帮你求职成功的秘诀(5)
下一篇: 你对自己的工作消沉倦怠了吗?(2)
My Father 我的父亲
体坛英语资讯:Uganda drops eight places in world football rankings
2018年6月英语四级作文答案:阅读能力(及格版)
国内英语资讯:Chinas top political advisor visits Republic of Congo to further ties
国际英语资讯:Colombia begins second round of presidential voting
国内英语资讯:Goals set for upcoming Forum on China-Africa Cooperation Beijing summit
体坛英语资讯:Colombia call up defender Diaz to World Cup squad
傻脸娜被设计师公开批丑,粉丝就不开心了
体坛英语资讯:Panama suffer World Cup injury scare
美国终止一项耗资一亿美元的饮酒研究项目
体坛英语资讯:Former Liverpool star Dalglish knighted in UK Queens Birthday Honors list
2018年6月英语四级作文答案:写作能力(及格版)
这一简单之举会让你更快乐
体坛英语资讯:Analysis: Real Madrids Lopetegui announcement bad timing at best for Spain
体坛英语资讯:Halep wins maiden Grand Slam title at Roland Garros
国内英语资讯:Commentary: China forced to fight back with reciprocal tariffs
国内英语资讯:Chinese senior official visits U.S. on ties
科学家十年内将生产出“健康”白面包 吃一点就饱
体坛英语资讯:Kenya to host cricket tournament to raise awareness of rhino poaching
Uber新专利能识别人是否喝醉?这波操作666
体坛英语资讯:The football stars to miss 2018 FIFA World Cup
怎样成功减肥?
世界杯还没开赛 尼日利亚队球衣先火了!
爱因斯坦竟然歧视华人?日记曝光了一切
员工对视不能超过5秒钟,奈飞的新规太奇葩了
父亲节:关于父爱的暖心话,送给每个严肃又可爱的老爸
联合国官员:施压朝鲜改善人权“时机已到”
体坛英语资讯:Rain postpones mens quarters, Halep to meet Muguruza in semi at Roland Garros
国际英语资讯:Greece, FYROM sign historic deal to end Macedonia name dispute
Eagle Catches Chicken 老鹰捉小鸡