You're wearing your best suit. Shoes shined. Resume in hand. You've prepared for any interview question that could come your way.
身穿自己最好的套装、脚蹬锃亮的皮鞋、手拿着简历,对于一切面试问题你都做好了的准备。
But rather than questions, there are awkward pauses. Stony silences. There's a seeming lack of interest in the entire event -- on the interviewer's part.
可是出现的不是一个个问题,而是一次次令人尴尬的停顿和冰冷的沉默。在求职者看来,显然这位面试官对面试毫无兴趣。
Just because someone is interviewing you, doesn't mean they're a good interviewer. Don't let his ignorance sabotage your interview or your chances at landing the position.
某人在面试你并不代表他就是一位合格的面试官。不要让他的无知破坏你的面试、让你失去这份工作机会。
A Day in the Life
一天的工作
As your bad interview lumbers on, don't wait until your interviewer asks you if you have any questions. Rather, at the first awkward pause, ask him to describe the position for which you're applying in rich detail. What would your key responsibilities be? What is a typical day like? What time does the workday begin and end? Would you need to be available after hours or on weekends? Is there any travel involved?
当一次糟糕的面试尴尬地进行时,不要等面试者来问你有没有问题要问。而在第一次尴尬的停顿时,就请他详细地谈谈你要申请的职位。 你的主要职责是什么?通常一天的工作是怎样的?工作时间从几点到几点?下班后或周末要加班吗?工作需要出差吗?
Inquire as to which coworkers you'd be working with. Ask about how people work and projects are managed. Are there many meetings? Do people work on projects in teams? Ask your interviewer what qualities he thinks the ideal candidate for this position would have.
询问一下你要和哪些同事一起工作。问一问人们怎样工作,项目如何管理。会有很多会议吗?人们是按小组来完成计划吗?问一问面试官他认为这个职位的理想人选需要具备哪些品质。
Toot Your Own Horn
毛遂自荐
A poor interviewer will likely omit asking you many of the "right" questions, particularly those about how your experience makes you a great fit for the position.
一位糟糕的面试官可能会遗漏许多“恰当的”问题,尤其是那些关于你的经历如何使让你成为这个职位的恰当人选的问题。
So, although it may seem awkward, the only way you'll get to point this out is to just go ahead and do so. Even if there's no good time to do it, just do it anyway. You can preface your comments by saying something to the effect of, "I wanted to take a moment to let you know how my experience really complements this position.”
所以,尽管似乎显得有些尴尬,但是你的唯一办法就是大胆地开口说出来。即便没有什么合适的时候,但是还是要说。以“我想花一点时间让您知道我的经验真的能给这个职位带来帮助”等类似意义的话作为开始。
Be direct and to the point. Make eye contact at all times. Talk specifically about how you have the skills and knowledge for the position. Do not ramble or your interviewer could lose interest.
直接了当、捡重要的说。一直保持眼神交流。具体谈谈关于这个职位你拥有的技能和知识。 不要闲聊,不然你的面试官会失去兴趣。
上一篇: 全职妈妈再就业的注意事项(1)
下一篇: 绩效考核时如何准备(1)
体坛英语资讯:IOC to finalize discussions on possible Tokyo 2020 postponement within four weeks, cancellat
体坛英语资讯:Japanese govt set to accept IOCs possible decision to delay Olympics
Shanghai Museum
体坛英语资讯:World Athletics welcomes possible Tokyo 2020 postponement
国内英语资讯:Chinas Sichuan vows to lift last 200,000 people out of poverty in 2020
My Motto
体坛英语资讯:Former Real Madrid president Sanz dies from COVID-19 (updated)
The World Expo in 2010
flower survived
The New Term's Plan
国际英语资讯:Egypt reports 436 new COVID-19 cases, total hits 9,400
如果我是世博会的志愿者
My Favourite subject(我最喜欢的学科)
what do you think of Internet
雪为题写一篇英语短文
ard to The Teacher
房间布局介绍
国际英语资讯:Lebanons number of COVID-19 infections rises to 845, death toll at 26
My favorite movies
国际英语资讯:Indias ex-PM Manmohan Singh admitted in hospital after chest pain