职场社交英语口语对话 Lesson 7:我开了一整晚夜车?
SCENE③ A 吉娜一早进公司
Zina: Dave, 1) wake up.
吉娜: 戴夫,醒醒。
Dave: Whaah? Zina? What time is it?
戴夫: 啊?吉娜?现在几点了?
Zina: It's seven-thirty. I want to know who left this note on my desk.
吉娜: 七点半。我要知道是谁在我桌上留了这张纸条。
Dave: What note? I can't see. I just 2) pulled an all-nighter.
戴夫: 什么纸条?我看不到。我开了一整晚夜车。
Zina: It's a little green 3) post-it note, 4) stuck right in the middle of my computer screen.
吉娜: 是小张的绿色便利贴,就粘在我电脑屏幕的中间。
Dave: And? What does it say? Isn't there a name?
戴夫: 然后呢?上面写着什么?没有名字吗?
Zina: It says, "Zina, I like how you 5) rhumba. An 6) admirer."
吉娜: 上面写着:“吉娜,我喜欢你跳伦巴的样子。仰慕者。”
语言详解
A: Where should I put this picture of Fiona?
我该把费欧娜这张照片摆哪儿?
B: Just stick it on your front door.
把它贴在你的前门就好了。
【It's seven-thirty. 七点半。】
在这个句型中,it指时间。虽然这句话也可以简化为Seven-thirty.但还是用原句型较为适当。
it除了指时间以外,也用于指天气或距离,例如:
It's very hot today.
今天天气很热。
It's about 400 kilometers from Taipei to Kenting.
从台北到垦丁大约400公里。
A:How far is it from here to Hualien?
从这里到花莲有多远?
B:It's about 150 kilometers.
大约150公里。
A:How is the weather like down there?
那里天气怎么样?
B:It's raining at the moment.
此刻正在下雨。
1) wake up 醒来;awake是“醒着的”。
2) pull an all-nighter 开夜车,熬夜
3) post-it note 可贴的便条纸,系3M公司出品的办公用具,现已成为同类产品的代名词。
4) stick (v.) 粘贴
5) rhumba (n.) 伦巴舞
6) admirer (n.) 仰慕者,secret admirer 是“暗恋者”。