职场社交英语口语对话 Lesson 37:我真的搞迷糊了
SCENE④ A 在吉娜的隔间
【我真的搞迷糊了】
Dave: I'm really confused, Zina. Will you explain all this to me?
戴夫: 我真的搞迷糊了,吉娜。你能把这一切解释给我听吗?
Zina: Look, we need to have the Stars.com 1) account, right?
吉娜: 我们得要拿到Stars.com这个客户,对吧?
Dave: Yes. If we get it, we'll really be set for success.
戴夫: 对。若是拿到,我们就稳成功了。
Zina: And to get it, we have to 2) beat WebTracker to the punch.
吉娜: 为了拿到这个客户,我们得要抢在"网路搜寻家"前面。
Dave: OK, I'm with you so far.
戴夫: 好,我到现在都还听得懂。
Zina: That's why I 3) promised that InfoKing would 4) be up and running by the end of next week.
吉娜: 所以我才承诺说 “资讯王”在下周末以前就能上线运作。
语言详解
A: Can I convince you into coming over to my house?
我能够说服你来我家吗?
B: Only if you promise to cook me dinner.
只要你答应做晚餐给我吃。
【I'm with you so far. 我到现在都还听得懂。】
I'm with you.字面上的意义是“我和你在一起。”,而在使用上,I'm with you.是指“我听得懂你说的话。”若当对方已滔滔不绝地讲了一堆话,你为了表达自己都有在听,也都还跟得上他所说的话,这时候你就可以说I'm with you so far.“我到现在都还听得懂。”
A: So we got the bike and walked two miles, then...Are you paying attention?
所以我们推摩托车走了两里,然后……你在注意听吗?
B: I'm with you so far. Keep going.
我到现在都还听得懂,继续说。
1)account (n.) 客户,尤指生意上往来的客户
2) beat to the punch 先发制人
3) promise (v.) 承诺
4) be up and running (公司,机器等)开始运作