职场社交英语口语对话 Lesson 30:你的便利贴是什么颜色?
SCENE① C 吉娜与玛莉同坐在飞往洛城的班机上
【你的便利贴是什么颜色?】
Zina: We're going to blow WebTracker out of the water. Trust me.
吉娜: 我们会让“网路搜寻家”出局的。相信我。
Mary: I believe you, Zina.
玛莉: 我相信你,吉娜。
Zina: Mary, can I ask you something? What color are your post-it notes?
吉娜: 玛莉,我能问你个问题吗?你的便利贴是什么颜色?
Mary: My post-it notes? Pink, I think. Why?
玛莉: 我的便利贴?我想是粉红的吧,怎么?
Zina: Are you sure they aren't green? It's OK if they are. Just be 1) honest.
吉娜: 你确定不是绿色?是也无妨。老实说就好。
Mary: I'm pretty sure they're pink. Did I do something wrong?
玛莉: 我很确定是粉红色的。我做错了什么吗?
Zina: No. Pink is OK. Stick with pink.
吉娜: 没有。粉红很好。不要换。
语言详解
A: Why is he so upset?
他怎么那么难过?
B: I told him he's getting fat. I was just being honest.
我跟他说他变胖了。我只是说实话而已。
【blow...out of the water 击溃……】
blow...out of the water是指“把……打得落花流水”,意即让对方溃不成军:
A: How was the basketball game last night?
昨晚的篮球赛如何?
B: The Lakers blew the Pistons out of the water.
湖人队把活塞队打得溃不成军。
【stick with... 坚持……】
stick with something 是指“坚持(某事)”,也就是不轻言放弃,不轻易更换:
A: What's the best way to learn English?
学英文最好的方法是什么?
B: Stick with the basics until you know them really well.
坚守住基本原理,直到你了然于心。
1) honest (a.) 诚实的