职场社交英语口语对话 Lesson 28:我能跟你说些私事吗?
SCENE① A 吉娜与玛莉同坐在飞往洛城的班机上
【我能跟你说些私事吗?】
Mary: Zina, can I talk to you about something 1) personal?
玛莉: 吉娜,我能跟你说些私事吗?
Zina: As long as it doesn't take too long.
吉娜: 只要不太花时间就可以。
Mary: My boyfriend says I work too much. That I spend more time with you than with him.
玛莉: 我男朋友说我工作太拼命了。说我跟你相处的时间都比跟他多。
Zina: Was he 2) upset when you told him you had to leave this weekend?
吉娜: 你跟他说这周末你得去外地时,他有不爽吗?
Mary: He said not to 3) bother coming back. And I said, "fine, I won't."
玛莉: 他说不劳我再回去了。我就说:“好,我就不回来。”
Zina: So what's the problem?
吉娜: 那这有什么问题?
语言详解
A: Don't bother buying me a present. I hate birthdays.
不用费心帮我买礼物了。我讨厌生日。
B: Too late. I already bought you one.
来不及了。我已经帮你买了。
【don't bother 别费事,不劳】
don't bother后面可以接四种不同的结构:
1. -ing: Don't bother coming back.
2. 不定词:Don't bother to come back.
3. yourself + -ing: Don't bother yourself coming back.
4. yorself + 不定词:Don't bother yourself to come back.
以上四句都正确,但以(1)及(2)两句较普遍。
A: When is your plane tomorrow? I would like to see you off at the airport.
你明天班机是几时?我想要到机场给你送行。
B: Thanks. But don't bother to come to the airport.
谢了。但请不要麻烦跑一趟机场。
1) ersonal (a.) 私人的
2) upset (a.) 感到不爽的,生气的
3) bother (v.) 费心,麻烦