职场社交英语口语对话 Lesson 59:你早就知道是我?
SCENE④ A 吉娜下楼走到停车场。戴夫在那里
【你早就知道是我?】
Zina: Hi, Dave. You're early.
吉娜: 嗨,戴夫。你早到了。
Dave: So you knew it was me?
戴夫: 你早就知道是我?
Zina: 1) I had an idea.
吉娜: 我有在怀疑。
Dave: Look, before we 2) get into the secret admirer thing, I want to talk to you about WebTracker.
戴夫: 在我们讨论暗恋者这件事之前,我要跟你先谈谈“网路搜寻家”。
Zina: I'm sorry. I know you feel 3) betrayed.
吉娜: 对不起。我知道你有受到背叛的感觉。
Dave: So you're really planning to 4) quit InfoKing and 5) switch over to WebTracker?
戴夫: 那你是真的打算辞掉“资讯王”的工作,转投“网路搜寻家”?
Zina: My mind is made up.
吉娜: 我心意已决。
语言详解:
A: Do you betray your friends?
你会背叛你的朋友吗?
B: Only if they have good-looking boyfriends.
除非她们有帅帅的男友。
【My mind is made up.我心意已决。】
表达“已下定决心”的最佳惯用语句,莫过于My mind is made up. 如果必须说明是什么样的决心,通常会用主动词态,例如:
I make up my mind to study management in college.
我下决心在大学里攻读管理学。
Robert made up his mind that he would stay single for another 10 years.
罗伯下定决心要在今后十年里保持单身。
A: What do you want to do after college?
大学毕业后你想做什么?
B: I make up my mind to be a teacher.
我决心要做个老师。
A: Are you sure that is what you want to do for life?
你确是那是你要终身从事的工作吗?
B: Yes. My mind is made up.
是的,我心意已决。
1) I had an idea 此指“我有怀疑过。”这句话用于回答对方提问,表示自己曾经这样想过。
2) get into... 陷入(话题)
3) betray (v.) 背叛。betrayed是betray 的过去分词作形容词用,意为“遭到背叛的”
4) quit (v.) 放弃
5) switch (v.) 转换,调动
什么是“减假暂”?
制造垃圾短信的“伪基站”
人大发言人:将对“贿选”零容忍
国际英语资讯:Sri Lankan opposition candidate wins presidential polls: elections chief
腾讯阿里推“虚拟信用卡”
幼儿园给孩子集体服用“病毒灵”
国际英语资讯:Indian PM says govt ready to discuss all issues in parliament
体坛英语资讯:Bilbao possible host for future Tour de France Grand Depart
国内英语资讯:Chinas civil aviation industry posts robust growth in first 10 months
乔治小王子开展“尿布外交”
共享单车消停了,但共享电滑板又在欧洲火了
飞机上的“黑匣子”
国内英语资讯:Commentary: Pompeos hypocritical face on Hong Kong
印度首都德里雾霾爆表
国际英语资讯:UK PM says every Conservative election candidate vows to back Brexit deal
解决好“三个1亿人”问题
将我国建成“网络强国”
北京急救将起用“医疗直升机”
政府工作报告中提到的各项“改革”
国内英语资讯:China, Netherlands poised to strengthen bilateral relations: senior legislators