访谈录:让你的简历更出彩
We are talking this one with Jason who's been with those should allow we appreciate Easy area vice president in Chicago with Career Builder.com,
我们正在和杰森谈论这个问题,让我们感谢Career Builder.com芝加哥地区的副总裁,
we've been hooking you up here live on the air with people who needs some help with their resumes.
我们已经期盼你很久了,现在直播帮助那些在简历方面遇到问题的人。
Now we have Janel Freud on with this.
现在我们有请詹尼尔弗洛伊德。
Janel Freud ,thank you for being here,you go right ahead here,
詹尼尔·弗洛伊德,谢谢你的到来,请来这里,
look at your resume,you go right ahead and ask if you like,what's your question is about your resume?
看看你的简历,请问你喜欢的问题,关于你的简历有什么问题吗?
Good morning and thank you,
早上好,谢谢你,
my question is that I think I have done a pretty good job of summing my skills,
我的问题是我认为我的简历不错,比如总结我的技能,
outlining my experience,and I need to know what's missing on my resume?
概述我的经验,我需要知道我的简历少了什么?
Ok,that's a great question,Janel.
好的,那是一个很不错的问题,詹尼尔。
First of all,you know I did review your resume and congratulations on your upcoming degree,looks like you are graduating in June of this year.
首先,你知道我已经了解你的简历,并且祝贺你即将到来的学历,好像你今年6月即将毕业。
So that's,that's a big feat itself but I took a look at your resume and the good news about your resume is you do have a lot of important key words and information that should be at the top for recruiters to see.
所以那是,那是一个很大的壮举,而我看了看你的简历,你的简历已经展现很多重要的关键字和信息,那是招聘者应该在顶部看到的。
The unfortunate piece about your resume is that you are not doing a great job of marketing yourself,and what I mean I'll just give a couple of cosmetic information.
不幸的是,你的简历在推销自己方面下的工夫不够,我的意思是,我将具体告诉你该做点什么。
First of all,the top of your resume,you have your contact information and it really takes up the first five to ten percent of that first page.
首先,在你的简历顶部,你的联系信息就占了第一页的五到十分之一。
It's basically wasted space.
这基本上是浪费空间。
You wanna try to condense that and make it a little bit more appealing.、
你要尝试浓缩,让它看起来更有吸引力。
The other thing is there is really no attention grabber,why you?
另一个原因是你的简历确实没有吸引眼球的地方,为什么是你?
Why would company select you?
公司为什么要选择你?
The other thing that you do is you highlight some of your awards and recognition,
另外就是你过于强调你的奖励和认可,
but you could probably do a better job of really showcase your nose,
但是你的出色工作业绩才会真正展示你自己,
letting companies know who you are,
让公司了解你是谁,
the accolade that you have thoughout your career and really again highlighting those different points.
对你职业生涯的称赞会真正突出这些不同点。
Then the final thing for the cosmetic standpoint is you are all paragraphs in your resume and to a recruiter,time is money,
然后最后一件事是,你的简历都是段落,而处于招聘人员的立场来看,时间就是金钱,
and when they are sifting through resumes,
当他们在筛选简历时,
you've gotta grab their attention.
你必须抓住他们的注意力。
You should put bullet points with different things that you have accomplished but don't expect them to read through paragraph after paragraph that each individual job.
你应该把重点分成不同的东西,但不要指望他们仔细阅读每个段落。
I think a couple of those things will help you and should rise your resume to the top.
我想这几点可以帮助你改善简历,从而使你的简历更出彩。
(责任编辑:何莹莹)
上一篇: 写英文简历必备:各种职位英文名称(四)
下一篇: 教你写英语简历(7):学历的写法