Question: What's the best way to get a job when you don't have all the experience or background a company is seeking?
问题:当你不具备公司想要的一切工作经验或背景时,怎样才能获得一份工作?
Answer: For many job seekers, a simple job-description statement is the kiss of death: "Three years of relevant experience required."
回答:在许多求职者看来,一项简单的职位描述成了他们的“死亡通知书”:“需要三年相关经验”。
If you want to change careers, you feel doomed by the frustration of not having the relevant experience. If you happen to be a student or recent graduate, it's a catch-22. How are you supposed to get experience when you don't have the experience to get a job?
如果你想转行,没有相关经验会让你感到注定会失败。如果你刚好是个学生或应届毕业生,这就成了一个让你两难的困境。你没有工作要求的相关工作经验、不能得到工作,那相关经验又从何而来呢?
When faced with this conundrum, there are three things to keep in mind as you go about the job search.
求职中当你面临“相关经验”的难题时,记住这三条:
1. Focus on transferable skills.
关注“可转换的”技能
Transferable skills are your secret weapon. They often get overlooked, but they can be your best ally. When you are applying for a new job you must make yourself as "hirable" as possible to the recruiting director reviewing your resume. When you are listing your bullet points beneath each job title, really focus on what that recruiting director wants to see (without lying, of course).
可转换的技能是你的秘密武器。它们往往被忽视,但往往是你最好的“盟友”。当你申请一分工作时,你必须让阅读你简历的招聘负责人尽可能地觉得你“可以雇佣”。在列举曾做过的工作时,一定要将焦点放在招聘负责人希望看到的内容上(当然,不要撒谎)。
Let's say you worked in marketing, but you want to move into finance. When you craft your finance resume, move all of the bullet points to the top that have anything to do with finance. Even though it may not have been your biggest accomplishment, your very first bullet point might say something like: Managed $300,000 annual budget consistently exceeding company's forecasting objectives.
假设你过去在市场营销行业工作,但是你想进入金融业。在你制作这份金融简历的时候,将所有与金融有关的内容放到简历的开始部分。即便它们不是你的最大成就,你的第一条应该这样写:连续成功实现30万美元年度预算,超出了公司预期目标。
Question: What's the best way to get a job when you don't have all the experience or background a company is seeking?
问题:当你不具备公司想要的一切工作经验或背景时,怎样才能获得一份工作?
Answer: For many job seekers, a simple job-description statement is the kiss of death: "Three years of relevant experience required."
回答:在许多求职者看来,一项简单的职位描述成了他们的“死亡通知书”:“需要三年相关经验”。
上一篇: 实用职场英文求职信:模板(四)
新概念英语第一册视频讲解 第118课:What were you doing?
新概念英语第一册视频讲解 第102课:He says he...
新概念英语第一册视频讲解 第111课:The most expensive model最昂贵的型号
新概念英语第一册视频讲解 第113课:Small change零钱
新概念英语第一册视频讲解 第79课:Carol’s shopping list卡罗尔的购物单
新概念英语第一册视频讲解 第99课:Ow! 啊哟!
新概念英语第一册视频讲解 第126课:Have to and do not need to
新概念英语下载/新概念英语MP3下载
新概念英语第一册视频讲解 第120课:It had already happened.
新概念英语第一册视频讲解 第104课:Too,very
新概念英语第一册视频讲解 第103课:The French test法语考试
新概念英语第一册视频讲解 第86课:What have you done?
新概念英语第一册视频讲解 第80课:I must go to the....
新概念英语第一册视频讲解 第112课:How do they compare?
新概念英语第一册视频讲解 第107课:It’s too small太小了
新概念英语第一册视频讲解 第97课:A small blue case 一只蓝色的小箱子
新概念英语第一册视频讲解 第84课:Have you had...?
新概念英语第一册视频讲解 第91课:Poor Ian可怜的伊恩
新概念英语第一册视频讲解 第87课:A car crash车祸
新概念英语第一册视频讲解 第88课:Have you ...yet?
新概念英语第一册视频讲解 第109课:A good idea好主意
新概念英语第一册视频讲解 第115课:Knock, knock!敲敲门!
新概念英语第一册视频讲解 第90课:Have you... yet?
新概念英语第一册视频讲解 第117课:Tommy’s breakfast汤米的早餐
新概念英语第一册视频讲解 第106课:I want you to..
新概念英语第一册视频讲解 第89课:For sale待售
新概念英语第一册视频讲解 第100课:He says that...
新概念英语第一册视频讲解 第108课:How do they compare?
新概念英语第一册视频讲解 第96课:What’s the exat time?
新概念英语第一册视频讲解 第83课:Going on holiday度假