B: Are you alright, Grove? You don't seem to be as cheerful as you normally are.
你还好吗,Grove?你看起来不像平时那么高兴。
H: To be honest, Ava, I've just had a really bad day.
说实话,Guthrie,今天我过得糟透了。
B: What happened?
发生什么事了?
H: I don't know what to do about the people who live in the flat above me!
我不知道能拿住在我楼上的人怎么办。
B: Why? What are they like?
为什么?他们怎么样?
H: They're incredibly selfish. They 're always up until the wee hours of the night playing their music so loudly that I have to wear earplugs in order to fall asleep!
他们惊人的自私。他们总是在三更半夜起来大声玩音乐,弄得我不得不戴着耳塞才能入睡。
B: Have you ever talked to them about it?
你曾经跟他们谈过此事吗?
H: I tried to introduce myself to them when they moved in, but they were so arrogant that I didn't want to ever talk to them again!
他们搬进来的时候,我试着向他们介绍过我自己,但是他们太傲慢了所以我就再也没有想过要跟他们说话。
B: What did they say?
他们说过什么?
H: They both just talk about how great they are all the time.
他们俩只是一个劲一直说他们多么棒。
B: They sound like the neighbours from hell!
听上去这邻居很差劲。
H: They are! Besides being loud and arrogant, they're also terrible gossips. They're always talking about everybody else in the apartment.
他们是很差劲。除了大声说话和傲慢之外,他们还特别喜欢说人闲话,他们总是谈论公寓里其他人。
B: I thought you didn't talk to them much.
我原以为你没有多跟他们交谈过。
H: I don't, but they talk so loudly that I can hear what they're talking about from my bedroom - and it's not very nice.
我是没跟他们交谈过,但是他们说话声音太大所以我在我的卧室里都能听到他们说的话,这不太让人舒服。
B: What do the other people in your apartment think about them?
你公寓里的其他人怎么看待这些人?
H: Most of my other neighbours are scared of them.
我的大多数邻居害怕他们。
B: Maybe you should think about moving.
也许你该考虑搬家了。
上一篇: 英语口语情景对话(关于约会交往)
下一篇: 点心店的情景对话