I woke up with drool on my pillow this morning.
早上醒来时,我发现枕头上有一滩口水
I wouldn't have minded except it wasn't mine.
或许我不应该介意,可是那不是我的口水
The alarm clock rang,
闹钟响了起来
I reached over to turn it off,
我探身过去关掉了它
and then as I laid my face back down on the pillow
接着躺回床上,脸埋进枕头里
I felt the wet, slimy drool on my pillow case.
我感到枕头上又湿又粘的口水已经流到了脸上
I opened my eyes
我睁开眼睛
and saw a smiling, panting, furry face gazing down at me.
看到一张毛乎乎的脸盯着我微笑,嘴巴直喘气
I tried to get up but she was too fast.
我想要坐起身,可是她动作太快了
My face was suddenly covered in kisses
我的脸突然被一阵亲亲湮没
with one slurp going straight up my nostril
其中一吻,它的舌头径直戳到了我的鼻孔里
and another right in my ear.
还有一吻,舌头舔到了我的耳朵里
I laughed, reached out,
我大笑起来,伸手去抚摸它
picked up the 8 pound love machine
把这只8磅重的激情动物抱住
and held her away from my dripping face.
让她碰不到我湿漉漉的脸
It was just another morning in a life with dogs.
这只是养狗人士的一个寻常的早晨
Why do we welcome these guys
为什么我们要欢迎这些动物
into our homes and into our hearts?
住进我们的家里,走进我们的心里?
We know going in that
我们知道,一日狗党,终身狗党
we are most likely going to outlive them
他们很有可能在我们之前死去
and have our hearts broke
让我们心碎
But thousands of years now dogs have been our best friends.
可是早在数千年以前,狗狗就已经成为人类的好朋友了
They remain one of the greatest gifts ever given to us.
他们是我们被赐予的最好的礼物之一
And even if they can't love us for the rest of our lives,
即使他们对我们的爱无法延续到我们生命的最后一天
they will always love us for all of theirs.
却会贯穿他们一生的每一天
I think one of the hardest things for me to do
对我来说,最艰难的事情之一
was take my little Jamie to her first few days of day care/preschool.
就是带我的小Jamie去狗狗幼育中心的最初那几天
It was a heart melting thing that no parent can do easily.
那真是一件令人心碎的事情,没有那个狗狗家长能够轻易办到
The first day we pulled into the parking lot
第一天,我们刚在停车场停好车
and when I looked at Jamie
我看着Jamie
she starts to cry then I start to cry.
她哭了起来,接着我也哭了起来
After a couple days of cutting school
我们不得不旷课了几天
we were both determined to succeed the next week.
但我们都下定决心,在下个星期,一定要成功适应
We drive over about 6 times that weekend
那个周末,我们来来回回去了六趟幼育中心
and on the last one I had an idea.
对最后一趟行程的窘境一无所知
There was a big muddy lot next to the day care.
原来,幼育中心旁边的停车场里满是泥浆
Monday morning comes and we were ready.
周一早上来临,我们已经准备好了
All proud and confident we head to The Day care.
我们开车前往幼育中心,心里满满的骄傲和自信
I noticed a bunch of parents staring at us
我发现一群狗狗家长盯着我们
and there must have been 20 little noses pressed against the classroom windows.
起码有20只小小的鼻子抵在教室的窗户上看着我们
We were little celebrities.
我们俨然是小明星
As I am leaving
当我准备离开的时候,
I crank it up and say I love you James
我装作开心的大声说,我爱你Jamie
have fun today
玩得开心!
and all the kids wave bye to me.
中心所有的小狗狗都向我摇尾告别
No tears no tears no tears.
别哭,别哭,别哭!
Jamie was the only child that didn't cry that week.
Jamie是那个星期唯一一只没有哭的小狗
When the day came to remove her from D/C
当我们告别幼育中心的那一天到来的时候
I was told by most the staff that
几乎所有的员工都对我说
Jamie was a well behaved inspiration to all the other kids
Jamie一直表现的很好,是其他狗狗们的榜样
and will be greatly missed for the rest of the year.
它离开之后,大家都会非常想念它
The way I see it is that
这件事情给我的启示是
make sure you have your share of fun in life
在生活中一定要有自己的乐趣
cause you're darn sure to have your share of the other
因为,毫无疑问,你的生活中也会有痛苦
and try never to be afraid to do things your way.
走自己的路,永远不要胆怯
上一篇: 奇多推出有史以来最辣的口味,要不要试试?
下一篇: 别在运动后用漱口水,会有反作用
体坛英语资讯:Alegria advance to AFCON semis after beating Cote dIvoire on penalties
国际英语资讯:South Sudan urged to hasten process of implementing peace deal
松鼠也过万圣节 上蹿下跳逗南瓜
国际英语资讯:Saudi-led coalition launches airstrikes on Houthi-held camp in Yemens capital
体坛英语资讯:Partizani draw 0-0 with Qarabag at UEFA first qualifying round
每日饮酒两杯 女性乳腺癌患病风险增高50%
你穿情侣装了吗?
过了21岁 我们还剩多少朋友?
三成毕业生买房靠父母
德科学家实现用大脑扫描仪“读梦”
乔布斯遗作 苹果将推出全功能电视
世界第70亿人口诞生菲律宾
职场女性每天只有30分钟“个人时间”
寺庙香火传承危机:日本僧侣也相亲
美新手术20秒让眼珠变蓝 从此不用戴美瞳
史蒂夫•乔布斯临终前的最后一句话:“OH WOW”
国际英语资讯:Spotlight: Conflicting interests characterizes Washington policy towards Iran
体坛英语资讯:Israels Maccabi Haifa beat Slovenias NS Mura 2-0 in Europa League
手机在“疯行”:英国手机数量超过人口数
让人嗔目结舌的40幅幽默平面广告(上)
BBC演练英女王驾崩报道 避免再次失态
国内英语资讯:China reiterates opposition to multilateralization of INF Treaty
纽约立法禁止给猫剪指甲
体坛英语资讯:Debutants shine in Tour de France stage 6
国内英语资讯:CPC meeting analyzes economic situation, reviews accountability regulation, inspection repor
英科学家称“灵魂出窍”实为生理反应
国际英语资讯:Thailand, Russia pledge to expand cooperation
研究:电子阅读器会随下载量的增加而加重?
语言非人类专有:黑猩猩或能懂人话
体坛英语资讯:Safari Rally charm lures World Rally Cship officials, waits final FIA approval