I cleaned out Dad’s closet yesterday.
我昨天清理了爸爸的衣橱。
There were two things I couldn’t box up: his work shirts and his two pairs of Red Wing boots.
有两样东西我没有办法打包:他的工作T-恤和两双红翼牌的靴子。
He couldn’t remember birthdays or anniversaries, but he remembered the date on which he’d bought his first pair.
他不记得第一双靴子是在生日还是纪念日的时候买的,但是却记得买鞋的具体日期。
I remember it too—April 16, the day after Tax Day.
我也记得是4月16日,缴税日的后一天。
What does a child do with her dad’s favorite boots?
一个孩子要怎么处理爸爸最喜欢的靴子呢?
I think I will make a planter out of them or use them to store something valuable.
我想用它们做一个培植器皿或者藏些值钱的玩意。
You can’t throw away a man’s favorite boots.
你不能把一个男人最喜欢的靴子扔了。
You’ve got to keep them and pass them down.
你要留着它们然后传下去。
上一篇: 美文赏析:勇气,来自爱与关怀
下一篇: 美文赏析:妻子的陶瓷天鹅
宜家耐克:这些大牌的英文名连老外都会读错
体坛英语资讯:Atletico top as Barca and Reals poor starts continue
体坛英语资讯:Flamengo beat Palmeiras to remain top of Brazils Serie A
研究发现:边听音乐边工作阻碍创造力
让柠檬来告诉你是外向还是内向
从出生到成人:有那么多感谢的话想对妈妈说
你信么? 人这辈子亲密朋友只有5个!
6种素养让你的老板“坐稳江山”
国际英语资讯:63 Palestinians injured in clashes with Israeli soldiers in eastern Gaza
惹毛老板的5个方法,you can you up!