My wife, Loretta, who had terminal pancreatic cancer, received a package containing a beautiful white ceramic swan.
我的妻子洛蕾塔得了晚期胰腺癌。她收到了一个包裹里面装着一只陶瓷天鹅。
It had cost $100, and our bills were multiplying rapidly.
它价值100美元,而当时我们(用于医疗等方面的花销)已经如流水。
“How could you do this?” I burst out.
“你怎么可以这样?”我咆哮道。
“I ordered it a long time ago. I really wanted it,” she replied tearfully.
“我很早以前就定了,而且我真的很想要,”妻子泪流满面的说道。
“It’s all right,” I said, ashamed.
“好吧。”我说着感到内疚。
“I love you, Bill, and I don’t want to die,” she said.
“比尔,我爱你,而且我也不想死。”妻子又这样说道。
“I love you too,” I said.
“我也爱你。”我回答道。
The darkness of my scolding turned into a bright moment of mutual love.
于是,本来是我无情的责骂,就这样演变成了一段充满爱的片刻。
Twenty-five years later, the swan remains. That moment is etched upon my heart.
25年了,这只陶瓷天鹅依旧还在,它似乎提醒着我,而那段与妻子的对话已经被深深地刻在心里。
上一篇: 美文赏析:总有一些回忆,你无法舍弃
下一篇: 美文赏析:总在不经意间,发觉自己渺小
2018下半年CATTI笔译二级真题(英译汉)第二篇
立秋关注骨骼健康 避免骨折有诀窍
国内英语资讯:U.S. urged to stop using religious issues to interfere in Chinas internal affairs
英语口译人员需要做好准备的事情
别出心裁的树形创意图标
中国成为澳洲最大的移民来源国
国际英语资讯:EUs chief Brexit negotiator visits Riga to brief Latvian officials on progress in talks
迪士尼最受欢迎的真人翻拍电影排行榜
男女有别 几次约会可定终身?
情绪管理法:五行相生 五情相克