Romain Rolland once said:
罗曼·罗兰曾说:
"Most men die at twenty or thirty;
“很多人在20岁、30岁的时候就死了,
thereafter they are only reflections of themselves,
一过这个年龄,他们只不过变成了自己的影子
for the rest of their lives they are aping themselves,
此后的余生不过在模仿自己中度过,
repeating from day to day more and more mechanically and affectedly what they said and did and thought and loved when they were alive."
日复一日,更机械,更装腔作势地重复他们有生之年的所作所为、所思所想、所爱所恨。”
Recently, I suddenly realized that this quote is talking about me.
最近,我忽然发现这则引言说的就是我。
I chose a stable job back as a civil servant in my hometown under my parents' advice after I graduated from college.
大学毕业之后,我听从父母的建议,在家乡找了一个稳定的公务员工作。
The job is easy. And my workload is quite small.
工作很轻松,工作量也很小。
So I have penty of time of mine own to spend.
所以我有充足的时间可以自由支配。
I bought my car and my house and went on dates which are arranged by my parents.
我买好了车和房子,并根据父母的安排去约会。
Everything goes well in my life.
生活中的一切都很顺利。
But, last month I went to a classmates reunion. And it crashed my heart.
但是,上个月我去了一个同学聚会。而我的心彻底被打碎了。
When we were having the meal. Some of my classmates talked about their interesting jobs and interesting challenges in Internet companies. Some of them were talking about strategies in investing in fund and stocks. Some of them were talking about all the new skills they have been learning, which I hadn't even heard of.
宴席上,有些同学在谈他们在互联网公司那些有趣的工作、有趣的挑战,有些谈起他们在基金和股票上的投资策略,有些则在谈他们在学的一些新技能,而这些技能我听都没听过。
But I? All I could talk about was that my wife just got pregnant.
而我呢?我能说的只是我太太前不久怀孕了。
And now it seems like my child is about to take the same boring path that I have taken.
现在看来,似乎我的孩子也要走上我走过的这条无聊道路。
Is this the life that I want?
这真的是我想要的生活吗?
Is this even life?
这真的是生活吗?
This suddenly becomes so horrible to me. I can't live like this.
我突然觉得这无比可怕。我不能这样生活下去。
And that's why I started to search for a new job. I don't want to die when I am thiry.
而这,也就是我重新开始找工作的原因。我不想在30岁就死去。
Life is only worth living when there are things to explore.
生活,只有在还有新事物可以探索的时候,才值得活下去。
上一篇: 李白《将进酒》英语翻译赏析
下一篇: 英语美文:不幸,让人更懂得爱
体坛英语资讯:Analysis: Feelings mixed for U.S. public on 2026 FIFA World Cup
研究显示 长时间待在教室会导致近视
体坛英语资讯:Brazil coach Tite: pressure got to us against Switzerland
香奈儿推出了首支3D打印的睫毛膏!你敢用吗?
联合国秘书长“严重关注”叙利亚西南部的军事行动升级
哪种睡姿最健康?四种睡姿利弊大PK
世界杯变乌龙杯 “乌龙”力压C罗领跑射手榜
娱乐英语资讯:Milos island calls American pop star Beyonce to help bring Venus de Milo back to Greece
英国以国家安全为由推迟中资收购案
体坛英语资讯:Colombia star Rodriguez in doubt for World Cup opener against Japan
自杀未遂的儿童和青少年的数量上升,父母应知道这些事
体坛英语资讯:Mexicos Marquez becomes third man to play at five World Cups
《侏罗纪世界》中关于恐龙的5个科学错误
离婚后如何享受自由?
Autumn 秋天
“乔嫂”首次公开讲述俩人爱情故事,这绝对是本年度撒狗粮的典范
体坛英语资讯:French coach Deschamps says all 23 players available for World Cup opener
减少糖分摄入的小方法
An Happy Day 快乐的一天
梅西上线,阿根廷惊险晋级!马拉多纳为阿根廷表情包实力代言
曾经宣称绝不出售人造钻石的De Beers推出人造钻石品牌
体坛英语资讯:Mexico stun defending champions Germany after Lozano strike
体坛英语资讯:Mexico focus on next match after stunning Germany
体坛英语资讯:Loew: first half nightmare
生活因为爱情才显得真实
国内英语资讯:9th Chinese medical team to continue providing free medical services in PNG
专家揭秘为何有些人总爱说谎
每天12分钟,释放消极情绪
体坛英语资讯:Cheryshev leads Russia to 5-0 rout of Saudi Arabia
永远别对孩子说这些话