喜欢美剧的同学们一定都知道,今年《越狱》第五季强力回归。今天我们就通过一个精彩片段学习表达。
Your brother is your business.
你弟弟的事和我无关。
台词节选:
W: You think his brother sent us a map?
(你觉得他弟弟送给我们一张地图?)
L: There's a red dot dotting the "I". And whatever this is here.
(这里有个红点,表示“我”的位置。无论这是哪。)
M:He's trying to give us a location.
(他想告诉我们一个位置。)
L:A location for what?
(什么位置?)
M: The only thing I can think of is where we're supposed to meet him when the escape goes down tonight.
(我唯一能想到的就是今晚越狱时他期望我们和他汇合的地方。)
W: Your brother is your business now. I have to get my family on a flight tonight before the airport shuts down.
(你弟弟的事我不管啦。我今晚必须在机场关闭前和我家人一起上飞机。)
L: Hold up.We need tickets, too. Three of them.
(等等。我们也需要机票,需要三张。)
Your brother is your business now. sth. is one's business.就是指某件事归某人管。电影中,女人想说,你弟弟的事是你的事,不是我的事,也就是想说,和我无关,我不管了的意思。
英文中还有很多“不关我的事”的表达:
It's not a big deal!
这没什么大不了的!
It's none of my business.
这和我无关。
What's of it?
那又怎样?(跟我有什么关系!)
That's not saying much.
这也说明不了什么嘛。
It's not my racket.
那不关我的事。
It's no concern of mine.
那不关我的事。
They can all starve for all I care.
他们就是都饿死也跟我没半毛钱关系。
It's no skin off my nose.
那不关我的事。
上一篇: 英文如何表达“太老套了”?