What are the study habits of top students at Oxford University?
牛津大学学霸有什么学习习惯?
获得44.7k好评的回答@Benjamin McEvoy:
study Habit #1 - Go to your lectures.
学习习惯#1——去听讲座。
For the first 2 years of Oxford, I went to maybe 4 lectures out of hundreds available. I was arrogant, foolish, lazy, and severely disadvantaging myself.
在牛津的前两年,有数百场讲座,而我大概只去了4场。我很自负、愚蠢、懒惰,严重地害了自己。
In my third year, I went to almost every single lecture available. Including those involving topics I was not personally involved or interested in.
大三时几乎每场讲座我都去,包括我涉及不到的或不感兴趣的话题。
My mind changed when I actually went to lectures.
去听讲座以后我的想法变了。
Firstly, lectures are FUN! Sure, some of them suck. But I found so many gems that influenced my thinking. I found so many passionate, knowledgeable speakers who got me excited about the topic.
首先,讲座很有趣!当然有些讲座很差劲,但我发现了很多影响我思想的有价值的讲座,我发现了很多有激情有学识的演讲者,他们使我对那个话题都感兴趣了。
Second, I remembered more stuff! An hour in the lecture hall has massive returns on investment.
其次,我记住了更多东西!你投入到讲座的一个小时会有丰厚回报。
study Habit #2: Be an active student.
学习习惯#2:做一个积极的学生。
For my first year at Oxford, I barely said anything in tutorials. I didn’t volunteer in discussions and, as a result, I didn’t understand much.
我在牛津的第一年在导师个别指导课上很少说话。我不会主动参与任何讨论,所以理解的也不好。
My understandings of different texts never matured or became complex. They stayed the same. And they were often wrong.
我对不同文本的理解一直都不成熟,也不深刻,理解能力一如从前,也经常是错的。
Then, somewhere in the middle of my second year, I got over myself and offered more of my own opinions. I responded to others, asked thoughtful questions, and interacted way more.
后来大二期中的一段时间我开始超越自己,更多地提出自己的想法,响应其他人,问有深度的问题,和别人的互动也多了。
Being an active student also means asking for help. The smartest people in the world learned everything from other smart people.
做一个积极的学生也意味着向他人求助,世界上最聪明的人的智慧都是从其他聪明人那儿学来的。
study Habit #3: Establish a perfect study environment.
学习习惯#3:建立完美的学习环境。
This is a very personal place and it needs to be somewhere you instantly click into study mode.
这个地方因人而异,你需要找一个能让你立刻进入学习状态的地方。
It might be your dorm room. It might be your library. It might be your local coffee shop.
可能是你的宿舍;可能是图书馆;可能是当地的咖啡店。
My perfect study environment was actually the Oxford English Faculty building.
最适合我的学习地点其实是牛津英语学院教学楼。
This is where all my lectures were. It was totally silent.
我的课都在那儿上,那里很安静。
study Habit #4: study in small chunks.
学习习惯#4:把学习内容分成小块。
It doesn’t matter how much new information you stuff into your head if you forget it the next day or cannot apply it.
如果所学内容第二天就忘了或者不会应用的话你往脑袋里塞多少新知识都没用。
When you structure your studying, the most important task is always to ensure you are remembering the information you have already learned.
安排学习任务时最重要的是总要确保自己记住了所学内容。
That always comes first.
这才是你首先要考虑的。
In order to improve your retention and absorb more information, you need to break your studying up into manageable blocks (not studying new information for hours on end) and reviewing what you’ve previously learned in each new block.
为了改善记忆力记住更多知识,你需要把所学内容分成易掌握的模块(不要连续几小时学习新知识),并且在学习新模块时复习一下之前所学的内容。
上一篇: 凯特王妃空闲时最爱干啥?说不定你也做过哟
下一篇: 《权力的游戏》第八季,开拍时间定啦!
国内英语资讯:Senior military official stresses Chinas adherence to peace, justice
国内英语资讯:China calls for cherishing Iran nuclear deal
医生警告:把喷嚏憋回去 可能引发身体损伤
小测验 - 和“冬天”相关的词汇
H&M摊上大事!竟是因为一件绿色卫衣?
《前任3》票房火爆!最扎心的10句台词(中英对照)
史上最著名的一场演讲:带着信仰,直击人心
韩朝就冬奥会举行会谈
国内英语资讯:China Focus: China introduces toughest ever regulation on land reclamation
喜欢用茶包泡茶喝?小心你可能喝了不少塑料
国内英语资讯:China to continue all-out rescue of missing foreign sailors: FM
国际英语资讯:U.S. troops withdrawing from Syria to western Iraq, says Pentagon chief
体坛英语资讯:Ghana announces team for IAAF world athletics championships
国际英语资讯:UN mission in Yemens Hodeidah builds control points to monitor cease-fire
国际英语资讯:Sudanese army accuses armed group in Darfur of violating cease-fire
老外在中国:如何帮助残障人士斩断穷根
体坛英语资讯:Swimming star Hosszu elected as female athlete of 2017 in Hungary
国际英语资讯:S.Korea, DPRK agree to march, cheer together during 2018 Winter Olympics
国内英语资讯:Roundup: Chinese FM ends Africa visit, confident in closer China-Africa ties
体坛英语资讯:Top seeds power through day two of Australian Open
波音CEO被解除董事长职务
Project、protrude 和 jut 三个表示“伸出、突出”的动词
体坛英语资讯:Preview: Rugby World Cup Pool B
国内英语资讯:China Focus: Panda pair heading to Finland in 15-year research agreement
国内英语资讯:New system to regulate shared bikes in E China city
国际英语资讯:Trump to waive sanctions on Iran under nuclear deal, new non-nuclear sanctions imposed
这12个国际大牌的名字你都读对了吗?
国际英语资讯:Purported Trump comments draw outrage in Africa
Technology of the future on show 未来科技展
好皮肤究竟怎么来?贝嫂一天的美容开销竟这么多!