The team I work in just had 2 new interns, and I happen to be their supervisor .
我所在的团队新来了两个实习生,而我恰好是他们的主管。
After today's lunch break, I saw that one of them was reading things on her smartphone, maybe on some social network, I guessed.
今天午休过后,我看见他们中的一个正在悠闲地刷手机,可能是在上社交网络吧,我猜。
I went to her and said "There's another document here needing traslation. Do you have time to finish it for me?"
我走过去问她:“我这正好有一份文档要翻译,你有时间帮忙完成一下吗?”
That document was not in her assigned workload. But I thought I could let her challenge herself a little bit with it, seeing that she seemed to have time.
这份文档并不在她的工作量里面,不过我看她似乎有空,就打算让她用着锻炼一下。
"Yes, I do have time." She said, "But I'm just an intern."
“有啊。”她说。“可是我只是个实习生啊。”
I didn't quite know what to say back then. After a while I mumbled "Right. Yes."
我当时突然不知道说什么好,愣了一下说道:“哦,对。”
And I turned around and left.
然后便转身离开了。
I recalled the time when I was an intern for the first time. I, too, managed to finish my workload so fast, just like her.
我想起了我自己第一次做实习生的时候,当时我也像她一样,很快就把自己的工作量完成了。
So I asked my supervisor "Is there anything else that I can help?"
于是我就问我的主管:“还有什么其他的事需要我帮忙吗?”
And she happened to have a plan to make. But she didn't have time. So she let me do the research and make a draft for her.
正好,她当时有一份计划要订,但是时间不够,于是就让我先帮她查查相关资料然后你个草稿。
I was not very familiar with the job but still tried to carry it out based on my understanding and make it as professional as possible.
我当时并不太明白那份工作,但还是试着按自己的想法做出来了,尽可能写得专业。
And my supervisor was really satisfied with the draft. Later, she told me "You saved me a lot of time. I didn't need to create it from scratch."
主管对这份草稿很满意。她事后说:“你帮我省了不少事,我不用从头做起。”
And she told me in details how should I have done the plan differently. I learned a lot about the operation in the process.
并且,她还跟我细致地讲了这份计划应该怎么修改;而我在这个过程当中学到了很多有用的业务细节。
After that, she had come to trust me like completely.
在那之后,她开始给予我完全的信任。
I got my current job all because of her recommondation.
而我现在的这份工作,也多亏了她的引荐。
Yes, I was just an intern with a low salary. But I bought a better future with my extra labor.
是的,我当时只是个实习生,薪水只有一点点,但我用额外的劳力为自己买到了更好的未来。
There's a kind of poverty called short-sightedness.
有一种“贫穷”叫短视。
上一篇: 美文赏析:我们都是渴望被关注的孩子
下一篇: 英语美文:只要有你,我的生活就有了光
国际英语资讯:Russia ready to extend nuclear arms reduction treaty with U.S.: diplomat
国内英语资讯:Chinese envoy calls for adherence to multilateralism
国际英语资讯:Indonesias quakes, tsunami kill 2,073 as search mission extended
国内英语资讯:Chinese premier calls for joint efforts to improve China-Japan ties
国内英语资讯:Chinese, Canadian FMs discuss trade, partnership over phone
国内英语资讯:Chinese premier calls on China, Kazakhstan to further promote synergy of development strateg
国际英语资讯:Italy needs more, better-qualified migrants to face future
再出漏洞! 脸书5000万账户遭到黑客攻击!
如何找到愿意和你交流的老外?
国内英语资讯:Chinas forex reserves edge down in September
Let the Surprise Speak of Your Love 让惊喜传达你的爱
《请以你的名字呼唤我》续集叫啥好?网友这波脑洞感受一下
国际英语资讯:Turkey says all rebel heavy weapons removed from demilitarized zone in Syrias Idlib
美国财政部发布外国投资新规
国内英语资讯:Chinese premier calls for more pragmatic cooperation with Tajikistan
国内英语资讯:Chinas northeastern old industrial base wooing overseas talent
国内英语资讯:Chinas development stems from reform and opening-up: MOC
研究发现 产后抑郁或与孕晚期日照不足有关
国际英语资讯:Japanese PM meets with senior Chinese official on bilateral ties
体坛英语资讯:Congos Vita Club edge Moroccos Berkane to advance to CAF Confederation Cup semis
娱乐英语资讯:Taylor Swift wins big at 2018 American Music Awards
体坛英语资讯:Kiprop leads Kenya quest for glory at Frankfurt Marathon
体坛英语资讯:Messi to miss Argentina friendlies against Iraq, Brazil
国际英语资讯:Irish minister resigns over private dinners with govt-funded project bidder
体坛英语资讯:CSKA Moscow beat CBA champions Liaoning 90-46 in Zadar basketball tournament
体坛英语资讯:50 athletes from Botswana preparing for Special Olympics
体坛英语资讯:Fenerbahce wins its fourth Zadar Basketball Tournament trophy
国内英语资讯:China urges overall performance management of UN budgetary resources
体坛英语资讯:New Kenya Sevens coach to guide team to 2020 Tokyo Olympics
国内英语资讯:Chinese first lady congratulates UN award ceremony for women, girls education