A close friend of mine came to me recently.
我的一个很好的朋友最近来找我。
She said she felt tired. Really tired.
她说她觉得好累。真的好累。
Her family was starting to drive her crazy.
她的家人已经要把她逼疯了。
She wanted to live her own life. But her family always had some other plans for her.
她想过自己的生活。但她的家人总是为她安排了别的计划。
She has her own personality. But her family always wanted her to become someone else.
她有自己的个性,但她的家人总是希望她成为另外一个人。
And her choice was always to give in.
而她的选择,一直都是让步。
She doesn't want to hurt her family. So she chooses to compromise.
她不想伤害她的家人。所以她总是选择妥协。
And that's why she never felt happy.
这就是为什么她从来都不快乐。
I, on the other hand, am living a completely different life.
而另一方面,我过的是一种完全不同的生活。
I love my family. But I make my own dicisions.
我爱我的家人。但我自己做决定。
I am an independent individual. I have my boundaries that not even my family have the right to trespass .
我是一个独立的人。我有自己的权力边界,即使是家人也无权跨越。
Yeah, some relatives don't like me because of this. And that's good.
没错,确实有一些亲戚因为这而不喜欢我。但这挺好的。
I can't please everyone and I don't plan to.
我不能让所有人都高兴,也不打算让所有人都高兴。
I tried to persuade that friend of mine to live like me.
我试着劝我这个朋友也像我这样生活。
But she's been hesitating.
但她一直在犹豫。
I don't know whether she will change or not eventually. I really hope she does. Because ever since I chose to live like this, my life has been getting better and better.
我不知道她终究会不会改变。我真心希望她会。因为自从我自己这样生活以后,我过得越来越好了。
It's really a good choice.
这真的是一个很棒的选择。
上一篇: 美文赏析:只有在乎你的人,才会对你啰嗦
下一篇: 英语美文:学会规划时间,生活才能变好