听话听声,锣鼓听音。英语中有些话听起来含蓄有礼,但其实是想告诉你另外一层意思。一起来看看吧。
1. How do I put this gently...
我要怎么才能温柔地告诉你……
真实含义:
This is going to hurt.
下面我要说的可能比较伤人。
2. You're gonna hate me for this...
你不会喜欢这个……
真实含义:
Because I'm about to say something horrible.
因为我要告诉你一些可怕的事情。
3. No offense, but...
不是想冒犯您,但是……
真实含义:
I'm going to say something offensive.
我要说一些冒犯你的话了。
4. We need to talk...
我们需要谈谈了……
真实含义:
About something you don't want to talk about.
谈的是一些你不想谈的事情。
5. I hate to break it to you...
我很不愿意让你知道这个消息……
真实含义:
But prepare to be broken.
但做好崩溃的准备吧。
6. Well, if you want the truth...
好吧,如果你想听真话……
真实含义:
I've been lying this entire time.
我其实一直在撒谎。
7. I'm not trying to be mean...
我不想那么刻薄……
But I'm about to destroy you.
但是我要开始打击你了。
8. Yeah, about that...
关于那件事……
真实含义:
Everything we discussed is off the table.
所有我们讨论过的事就不再说了。
9. I hate to be that person, but...
我讨厌自己是那样的人,但是……
真实含义:
I AM that person.
我就!是!那种人。
10. I'd never say anthing bad about him, but...
我从来不会说任何关于他的坏话,但是……
真实含义:
Never say never.
永远别说那样的话。
上一篇: 2017年最火的网络流行语是这些![1]
下一篇: 教你英语表白“你是我的光”
谷歌发布美国拼写错误地图:威斯康辛州民众拼不对本州名字
体坛英语资讯:NBA and WNBA support LAs bid to host 2024 Olympic Games
国内英语资讯:China, Germany agree to speed up talks on China-EU investment agreement, enrich bilateral ti
国际英语资讯:Cuba opens up to private sector but remain socialist character
为了防止学生作弊,居然关闭了全国的互联网
美国官员:夺取拉卡之战可能在今后几日开始
美国副总统麦克·彭斯圣母大学2017毕业典礼演讲
体坛英语资讯:Chinas Zhang sets personal best record with second-round win at Roland Garros
国内英语资讯:Spotlight: With Lis visit, China forges closer ties with EU
阿富汗首都遭到致命炸弹袭击
美国计划2018年发射“太阳探测器”
Food waste 食品浪费
菲律宾空袭造成10名士兵丧生
国内英语资讯:Senior Chinese military official calls for enhanced strategic mutual trust between China, U.
国内英语资讯:Chinese premier arrives in Brussels for China-EU leaders meeting
国内英语资讯:China, Germany pledge to forge closer innovative partnership
5个方法,助你工作更留心,休息更舒畅
体坛英语资讯:13-year-old Harimoto stuns 6th seed Mizutani at table tennis worlds
国际英语资讯:Syrias Assad says situation in Syria gets better with retreat of terror groups
国际英语资讯:U.S. will withdraw from Paris Agreement: Trump
Antibiotic breakthrough, pizza for the homeless 抗生素研究获新突破、比萨店做慈善
比尔盖茨的脑洞,美国开始卖人造肉了
WannaCry之后又出更牛病毒,然而开发者怂了
Double down, no backing off
“高智商、高情商”就是聪明?哈佛大学研究:智慧有9大维度,你是哪种天才?
体坛英语资讯:World No. 1 Ma Long opens title defence in style
超有用的时间管理技巧:看板法
国际英语资讯:Japans lower house passes bill on Emperor Akihitos abdication
英国超市里的货品标签和促销标语
国内英语资讯:China stresses security, fairness ahead of college entrance exam