这是一年中最酸爽的时节,亲戚们攒了一整年的问题都在这个时候向你开炮。这些听着让你耳朵生茧的问题如今已经“美名远播”,连老外都知道的一清二楚!漫威新片《死侍》(虽然我们是无缘同步上映了==)的春节特别版预告就恶搞了一把我们回家过年的惨痛经历,小贱贱如同被亲戚附身了一般开始连环发问==嘿,你好!这个猴年,你又被盘问了吗?
以下是英语君摘取的buzzfeed选取过年最怕被亲戚盘问的Question TOP10,你中招了么?
1. “Are you dating anyone?”
1.“有对象了不?”
We’re Facebook friends, grandma. You already know the answer to this.
我们只是脸书好友(朋友圈点赞关系)而已啦奶奶。这我已经回答过你啦。
2. “Whatever happened to [insert your ex’s name here]?”
2.“(你前任的名字)最近怎么样了?”
3. “How has the weight loss been going?”
3.“减肥减得怎样了?”
Sorry, can’t hear you over the sound of pie.
不好意思,派挡住了,听不见你在说什么。
4. “Can you figure out how to get our iPhones to do [something that’s either basic, or actually impossible]?”
4.“帮忙看看怎么让这个iPhone(要么是很简单的操作,要么是不可能的)行么?”
Please stop trying to put the USB plug into the wall socket, ma.
妈,别再把USB插口往墙头插座插啦。
5. “If I got you a gym membership, would you use it?”
5.“要是我给你一张健身房会员卡,你会用吗?”
6. “Do you need money?”
6.“你需要钱么?”
I do, and I completely hate myself for it.
要啊!真是好讨厌自己这一点。
7.“Are you and [your SO] ever planning on getting married?”
7.“你和你男/女朋友啥时候结婚?”
This question is twice as fun when your SO is in the room.
要是你的TA也在场,那画面就更美好了。
8.“I hear your Twitter is hilarious. Can I follow you?”
8.“听说你的微博很有趣,可以粉你吗?”
Sure, let me just delete everything on it.
当然可以,让我删掉所有东西先~
9. “How is your job going/how have your grades been?”
9.“最近工作/学习怎样啊?”
BRB(Be right back.)
我先拜了,马上回==
10. “When do you plan on giving us grandchildren?”
10.“打算什么时候给我们生孙子孙女啊?”
If you ask for that one more time, we are turning around this car and going straight home, mom.
妈你要是再问一次,我们马上开车掉头回家。
上一篇: 这小哥自拍有毒!镜头里有比他更抢镜的……
下一篇: 万万没想到:英语里表达情绪的词竟然这么少
There's method to my madness 我有一个不合常理的办法
Burn a hole in your pocket 有钱不花难受
To lie through your teeth 睁眼说瞎话
Test the water 试探,摸底
Knee-jerk reaction 本能反映
Apple’s headphone headache? 令人头疼的新款苹果耳机
Reunion? Count me out! 重聚? 别算上我!
In the blink of an eye 一眨眼之间
It takes two to tango 一个巴掌拍不响
The university of life 生活经历
Would you let your baby sleep in a box? 你愿意让自己的宝宝在盒子里睡觉吗?
Online Shopping 网上购物-英语点津
Pain in the neck 令人讨厌的事情或人
The last/final straw 忍无可忍,使人最终崩溃的一击
You're pulling my leg! 你在愚弄我!
Off the hook 脱身
Cyclists make Olympic history, 400-year-old shark 英国自行车运动员创英奥运历史,400岁格陵兰鲨鱼
A cashless society 无现金社会
Hot potato 棘手的问题“烫手山芋”
Lights! Camera! English! 灯光,摄像机,英语!