Being a tall girl has its difficult moments. Between being gawked at in public and struggling to find the perfect pair of jeans, tall people have a special set of grievances.
高个女孩儿有她们的难处。在公共场合被人傻傻盯着,想找到一条合身的牛仔裤比登天还难,这种苦只有她们自己才懂。
Let's start with the top 20:
我们来看看高个女孩儿最常见的20个烦恼:
1. That whole "fingertip length" rule in grade school was your worst nightmare.
小学时的指尖规则(指女孩子穿裙子/短裤时,裙子的长度要正好和手臂下垂时手指尖所在的腿部位置齐平或更长)是你一生的噩梦。
2. Pants are never long enough, so you have to shop at specialty stores.
裤子总是不够长,专卖店是你唯一的选择。
3. You were the tallest person in your grade until at least sophomore year of high school.
4. Parents and friends always said you'd "find someone your height in college."
父母和朋友总会对你说:“到了大学你就会找到和你一样高的人了。”
5. You still dream of marrying a basketball player or rando giant.
你还不死心,希望嫁给一个篮球运动员或者随便一个巨人。
6. Occasionally, doorways present a very real threat to your forehead.
你的额头偶尔会狠狠地撞到门框。
7. You inadvertently look over bathroom stall walls because they're shorter than you.
洗澡时,你总能放眼整个浴室,因为浴室隔间的墙没有你高。
8. Long limbs make you look clumsier than you really are.
手长腿长让你看起来更加笨拙。
9. When you trip and fall, it really is a long way down.
跌一跤还要花很长时间才落地。
10. People ALWAYS assume you played basketball or volleyball.
别人总觉得你会打篮球或是排球。
11. You visibly cringe every time you're asked, "How's the weather up there?"
每次被问到:“上面的空气怎么样?”,都很尴尬。
12. Grown men and women, as well as little kids, actually point and stare.
男女老少都会对你指指点点,盯着你看。
13. Finding someone to dance with is always hard.
要想找个人做舞伴真是难乎其难。
14. You can't wear heels without everyone you know commenting on it.
一穿高跟鞋就被周围的人评头论足。
15. You know your future daughter will also hate you when she's 6 feet tall in middle school.
你知道,将来你的女儿在中学就飙到6英尺高时会恨你。
16. Shirt sizes -- S, M, L or XL -- mean nothing to you because they're all too short.
衣服尺寸-小码,中码,大码,加大码——对你来说这些都是浮云,因为它们对你而言都太短了。
17. Shaving your legs is not only a feat of strength and balance -- it's a true test of perseverance.
刮腿毛并不仅仅只是力气和平衡感的问题——这是对你毅力的真正考验。
18. Being a gymnast or ballerina was just NOT in your future.
你的未来与“体操运动员”和“芭蕾舞演员”永远都沾不上边。
19. People loudly complain when you stand in front of them at concerts.
听音乐会坐在前排时,你总能听见后面一大群人在大声抱怨。
20. Doing pushups, lunges, benching and squatting are way harder for you. It's just SO FAR DOWN, people.
做俯卧撑、弓步、弯腰和下蹲对你而言更加困难,因为离地太远了。
Regardless, everyone knows the truth. Tall girls ROCK.
不管如何,人人都知道,高个女孩儿都棒极了。
上一篇: 新APP填满日程表 帮你“装忙”
下一篇: 奥迪用“空气和水”合成新燃料
性开放致大学生堕胎增多,责任在哪儿?
体坛英语资讯:Cavaliers center Love to withdraw from Mens World Cup in China
重阳节温暖策划:5种方式表达对父母的爱!
国内英语资讯:PBOC unveils LPR reform plan to cut real economy financing cost
体坛英语资讯:Arsenal capture Real Madrids Ceballos on a seasons loan
国际英语资讯:Greece faces two times more wildfires this year: study
国际英语资讯:Clashes with Israeli soldiers in eastern Gaza wound 63 Palestinians: medics
大城市生活舒适的薪酬值,你幸福吗?
拯救你的拖延症:6个方法让你停止浪费时间
英语脑筋急转弯中蕴藏的人生哲理
体坛英语资讯:Shandong Luneng beat Beijing Guoan to make CFA Cup semifinals
成功秘诀:需要一点儿失败 The Secret to Success
为什么世界上最好的间谍都是女人
国内英语资讯:China, France should work together to uphold multilateralism: envoy
银行卡比钞票脏:10%的银行卡携带粪便污染物!
时间都用在哪儿了:你应该花更多时间的10件事
国内英语资讯:China donates school bags, stationeries to Myanmar students
体坛英语资讯:Super Dan fails to reach second round at Japan Open
周五便装日成走秀日 职员表示压力山大
国际英语资讯:Situation calm in S. African townships after foreign shops looting
汪星人一定要做的50件事
体坛英语资讯:Former world javelin champ Yego demands coach for Africa Games
中国有钱人的十大标准及地位象征
国内英语资讯:Feature: Thousands gather in Sydney calling for end to violence in Chinas Hong Kong
体坛英语资讯:Bucks, forward Bender agree to two-year deal
国内英语资讯:China offers financial support to deal with typhoon, flood, drought
阿黛尔上周五喜得贵子 遭社交网站用户恶意攻击
莫言获奖后,中国文学走向世界要的是翻译
研究显示肥胖基因真的存在!网友:我命由天不由我……
嘘,这是我的小秘密