It's not exactly a newsflash that one of the most important reasons to brush your teeth is to fight off cavities (not to mention prevent bad breath). But what if the way you brush your teeth actually makes you more susceptible to cavities, tooth decay and gum disease? Scary.
刷牙的最重要原因是拒绝虫牙(别再说是预防口臭),这已经不是资讯了。但是要是你刷牙的方式实际上更容易让你的牙齿蛀牙,产生牙齿蛀蚀和得牙龈疾病呢?这就很可怕了。
Turns out, there are a host of common mistakes that many of us make morning and night that can damage teeth and turn a healthy smile upside-down. Find out what you're doing wrong -- and how to break these bad habits for better teeth.
事实证明,我们在早晚刷牙中会犯很多普遍的错误伤害我们的牙齿,让我们的微笑都打上了不健康的记号。找出你错在哪里—然后为了让牙齿更健康,应该怎么丢掉这些恶习。
1.You don't brush for long enough.
1.你刷牙时间不够。
Most dentists recommend brushing for two or three minutes, but few people ever make it to that. Next time, check your watch to see how long your routine takes.
大多数的牙医都建议人们刷牙要刷两到三分钟,但是很少有人能做到。下一次,盯着手表看看你花了多少时间。
2.You're not watching what you're doing.
2.并未专注自己在干什么
Make a point to look in the mirror while you brush your teeth and see where the brush is actually going. It's easy to miss the area right at the gum line, which is the most important part.
在刷牙的时候,对着镜子注意一下你的牙刷刷在了什么地方。我们很容易漏刷牙龈那一部分,这是最重要的一部分。
3.Your technique needs a major makeover.
3.你的刷牙方法需要有大改变。
Hold the brush so the bristles are at a 45-degree angle to the surface of the teeth and brush in small circles. Focus on a few teeth at once, then move on to the next set, continuing around from one side to the other, top and bottom, front and back. It's okay to brush in straight lines on the chewing surfaces. After completing your circles, brush away from the gum line to clear off loosened plaque and bacteria.
手握着牙刷,让其同牙齿表面成45°角,以打小圈的方式刷。起先小范围的刷,然后移动到下一个区域,继续从一边移到另一边刷,上下,前后。在牙齿的咀嚼面成直线刷也是可以的。在完成循环刷以后,刷掉分布在牙龈线上的牙龈斑和细菌。
4.You're brushing too hard.
4.你刷牙太用力了。
The chances of enamel breakage are greater when you brush too hard.
刷牙力气过大更容易损伤你的牙釉质。
5.You're using the wrong brush.
5.你用错了牙刷。
Be sure to buy soft or ultrasoft brushes to minimize damage. Electric toothbrushes are great tools if they help you brush longer and get you to the right places.
确保你使用的是柔软的或超软的牙刷,这样能使损伤降到最低。如果电动牙刷能帮助你刷的更久,并且刷对了位置,那么它就是最好的。
6.You have the wrong toothpaste.
6.你用错了牙膏。
Baking soda toothpastes are good at getting stains out because they are abrasive -- but that also means they're hard on enamel.
小苏打牙膏能很容易把污渍刷出来是因为它们有研磨作用—但是这也意味着它们比较坚硬会伤害牙釉质。
7.You're failing at flossing.
7.你不会用牙线清理。
Start with a full foot of floss, twirling the ends around the middle finger on each hand. Use your thumb and forefinger to gently work the floss between two teeth, being careful not to pull it roughly or saw it back and forth, both of which can injure the gum. Wrap the floss around one tooth and wipe up and down to loosen and remove plaque. Then do the same on the next tooth and repeat.
开始用一段牙线,将线的两段缠在左右手中指上。用你的食指和拇指轻轻地在两齿之间拨动牙线,小心一点不要太粗鲁或前后牵动,这样会伤害到牙龈。将牙线缠在牙齿上,上下前后拉动,清除附着在牙齿上的菌斑。然后换旁边的牙齿,重复相同的动作。
8.You don't rinse after.
8.刷完牙后未冲洗。
Effective brushing and flossing unbind bacteria-laden plaque from the surface of teeth. Rinsing afterward is a key step to make sure that bacteria leave your mouth for good.
有效的刷牙和使用牙线能使细菌斑快速从牙齿表面脱离。在洗完后再次漱口是很关键的一步,确保细菌已从嘴里离开。
上一篇: 法严打“极瘦主义”网站
下一篇: NOKIA是地名还是人名?品牌名起源盘点
国际英语资讯:Feature: Greece to protect its signature brands of agricultural and food products
体坛英语资讯:Kenya to play Burundi in qualifiers for Africa Nations Championship
体坛英语资讯:Colombia, Brazil to meet in September friendly
国际英语资讯:Trump administration defends U.S. economic performance as Feb. job gains plunge
日本研发出智能软件 不等下手就能识别小偷
体坛英语资讯:Dortmund lose 1-0 to Tottenham in UEFA Champions League
国际英语资讯:China-themed books by British authors launched at London Book Fair
The Unfinished Dream 未完的梦想
最高人民法院、最高人民检察院工作报告双语要点
国际英语资讯:Venezuela unveils measures to deal with lengthy blackout
国际英语资讯:British PMs Brexit deal rejected by parliament again
体坛英语资讯:Adams, Stokes lead Xinjiang to crush Sichuan 126-90
一周运动多长时间才健康?可能比你想的少!
体坛英语资讯:Intl swimming competition for persons with intellectual disabilities kicks off in Sarajevo
My Passion on Sports 我对运动的爱
体坛英语资讯:Jose Mourinho drops another Real Madrid hint
体坛英语资讯:Philippines hopes for Blatches earlier buildup for FIBA World Cup
体坛英语资讯:Beijing take Chinese Womens Volleyball Super League crown
体坛英语资讯:Chelsea appeal against transfer ban
国内英语资讯:Beijingers plant over 200 mln trees in 40 years
国际英语资讯:British business leaders call for taking no-deal option off table
国内英语资讯:China Focus: High-end home appliances popular with Chinese consumers
国际英语资讯:5.0-magnitude quake hits 42km E of Madang, Papua New Guinea -- USGS
国际英语资讯:Electricity restored in almost all Venezuela: minister
体坛英语资讯:Chinas aces Wu, Fan won slivers at short track speed skating worlds
国际英语资讯:Iranian FM arrives in Iraqis capital to prepare for Presidents visit
体坛英语资讯:Africa volleyball coaches agree to start elite league
国王与鞋匠
Netflix热映陈晓卿最新美食纪录片,千万别饿着肚子看
娱乐英语资讯:Warner Bros. Entertainment chief to step down amid sex scandal