10 Things Recruiters Won’t Tell You (But I Will!)
招聘人员不会告诉你的十件事(但我会!)
Recruiters have one job: Find the right person for the position.
招聘人员的工作只有一样:找到适合职位的人
Their performance is evaluated on how efficiently and effectively they match top talent to job requirements. Ironically, in the current economy, recruiters are finding their jobs harder than ever.
他们的绩效表现是由他们匹配符合工作要求的顶尖人才的效率和有效性来决定的。讽刺地是,在当前的经济形势下,招聘人员发现他们的工作变得前所未有的困难。
I’m serious.
我是说真的。
There’s too much talent for them to weed through. What used to be “finding a needle in a haystack” has now become “finding a needle in ten haystacks.” As a result, recruiters have to determine a candidate’s marketability much quicker.
有太多的人才需要他们筛选。过去是千挑万选,现在更是变的大海捞针。因此,招聘人员必须更迅速地判断候选者的价值。
Translation: Candidates must pay even more attention to the power of the first impression factor.
换句话说:候选者必须更加重视第一印象的重要性。
People skills, attire, etc. all become more important when competition amongst talent is this fierce.Reality check: Those who are failing to make a good first impression get put in the “no” pile and are never contacted again.
当应聘者之间的竞争是如此激烈时,人际交往能力、着装等都变得更加重要。事实证明:那些没能给人留下良好的第一印象的应聘者都会被拒绝并且再也不会得到联系。
Now, most recruiters won’t tell you what you did wrong.
现在,大部分的招聘人员都不会告诉你你做错了什么。
Why?
为什么会这样?
For one reason, they aren’t paid to give you the bad news. Second, they don’t want to burn a bridge. And third, as I mentioned, they just don’t have the time.
第一个原因是,通知你坏消息并不是他们的职责所在;第二个原因是,他们不想和你结下梁子;第三个原因,也是我上面提到的,他们仅仅是没时间。
And yet, how are you going to fix the problem if you don’t know it exists?
然而,你又该如何解决一个根本不知道存不存在的问题呢?
I’ve put together the most common reasons why a recruiter writes a candidate off. You may not like what you read, but the good news is with a little attention and practice, all of them can be improved upon. So, ask yourself, “Am I guilty of the following?”
我收集了大部分招聘人员拒绝应聘者的共同理由。你或许并不喜欢你将看到的,但好消息是,稍加重视和练习,其中的大部分都可以得到改善。所以,问问你自己:“我是否犯了下面这些错呢”
Top 10 Things Recruiters Won’t Tell You
招聘人员绝不会告诉你的十大事情
Your interview attire is outdated/messy/too tight/too revealing/too flashy.
你的面试服装过时/脏乱/太紧/太暴露/太浮华/艳俗了。
Your physical appearance is disheveled/outdated/sloppy/smelly/overpowering (i.e. too much perfume).
你的外表有些邋遢/过时/草率,你的身上有难闻的味道或强烈的气味(比如,喷了太多香水)
Your eye contact is weak/shifty/intense.
你和招聘人员的目光接触是怯懦的/游移的/紧张的。
Your handshake is limp/too forceful/clammy.
你和招聘人员握手时软弱无力/用力过重/手心湿黏。
You say ah/um/like too much.
你说了太多像“呃,恩,好像”之类的语气词。
You talk too much/use poor grammar/say inappropriate things (i.e. swearing) when you answer interview questions.
当你面试回答问题时,你话太多/语法有问题/说些不合适的事情(比如,赌咒发誓)。
You appear overconfident/pushy/self-centered/insecure/aloof/ditzy/scatter-brained/desperate.
你表现的太过自信/强势/以自我为中心/不安/冷漠/肤浅幼稚/思维混乱/急切。
You talk too fast/too slow/too loud/too soft.
你说话太快/太慢/声音太大/声音太小。
You giggle/fidget/act awkward/have facial tics/lack expression.
你傻笑/坐立不安/笨手笨脚/脸部抽筋/表达方式单一。
You lack sincerity/self-confidence/clarity/conviction.
你缺乏真诚/自信/鲜明的性格特点/信念。
So, How Do You Fix These?
那么,该如何改善这些?
Well, given 93% of communication is non-verbal, I can tell you that many of the negatives above can be improved by focusing on one thing: attitude.
实际上,要知道93%的交流都是非语言的,我能告诉你的是,你只需专注一件事,就能提高上述的许多缺点,那就是态度。
If you are angry, fearful, or confused, it’s going to show. You must find a way to feel good about yourself and your ability to contribute. This comes from knowing your strengths and embracing them. It also comes from doing your homework on a company so you can articulate clearly and with enthusiasm why you would be a great fit for the job. I realize this is easier said than done, but it can be done.
你的愤怒,害怕,或者困惑都会表现出来。你必须找到自我鼓励以及增强自身能力的方法。你需要发现自己的长处并欣然接受。并且,你得充分了解你所应聘的公司,用清晰的表达和极大的热忱来说明你是绝佳的人选。我知道这些事说着容易做着难,但是是能够做到的。
Your Next Step
下一步你要做的事
School teaches you everything except how to get the job. You must invest time in learning the right way to job search.
学校没有教你怎么得到一份工作。你必须投入时间去学习正确的求职方式。
I hope I’ve convinced you to take a hard look at the 10 reasons above and to commit to finding a way to improve your first impression factor.
我希望我已经说服你认真看了上述的十个理由,并立志找到提升自己第一印象的方法。
It’s your career.
这是你的事业。
Own your actions and take control of your professional development.
主动出击,把握你的职业发展
I promise, recruiters will take notice.
我保证,招聘人员会注意到的。
上一篇: 逗比小萝莉:不想让弟弟长大哭晕
下一篇: 8条办公室环境里的健康贴士
蒂勒森星期三访问印度
专家:小酌不仅怡情,还能让你的外语说得更流利
体坛英语资讯:Indonesian U-23 to play Syria, Jordan in soccer friendlies
麦当劳中国更名“金拱门” 炸出一堆段子手
体坛英语资讯:Olympic badminton champion Chen sails through first round at French Open
国内英语资讯:China to broaden, deepen pragmatic cooperation with Philippines
新西兰女总理上任第一把火:禁止外国人买房
体坛英语资讯:Host Indonesia expects to secure golds in at least 8 sports in 18th Asian Games
国际英语资讯:Putin, Steinmeier agree to improve Russian-German ties
面对伤病 过来人有话要说
国内英语资讯:63th joint patrol starts on Mekong River
张培基英译散文赏析之《多一只碟子》
湖南省衡阳县一中2018届高三第二次月考英语试卷
国内英语资讯:China Focus: China-made holographic projection amazes global netizens
国际英语资讯:FMs of Turkey, Russia, Iran welcome upcoming launch of Syrian Constitutional Committee
How the Environment is Destroyed 环境是如何被破坏的
张培基英译散文赏析之《书房》
国内英语资讯:China will not change determination to deepen relations with Russia -- Xi
肯尼亚2017年总统大选重新投票
Dig up the hatchet?
国际英语资讯:U.S. Ambassador: UN report says Syria uses banned sarin gas on civilians
新西兰女总理上任第一把火:禁止外国人买房
美民权组织针对美国航空公司发布旅行警告
国内英语资讯:China, Cuba sign agreements to expand economic, trade ties
国际英语资讯:Spotlight: British lawmakers say yes to Dec. 12 general election
国际英语资讯:Egypt, Germany agree on joint efforts to solve Libyan crisis
说者无意 听者惊悚!万圣节听小朋友讲鬼故事吧!
国际英语资讯:U.S. secretary of state meets with Indian PM on bilateral ties
川普政府恢复接纳难民但是审查更严格
国际英语资讯:Spotlight: President Trump fires back at Senates GOP critics amid fueled feud