It's time for a new year and a new you, but perhaps your heart is not in it this time around.
新年伊始,你可以打造出一个崭新的自己,但可能你却并不太想这么做。
Maybe you're jaded from too many failed New Year's resolutions, or maybe you're just not feeling motivated these days.
也许你的新年愿望落空太多次以至于你已经厌倦了,或者你新年这几天没什么动力。
Here are a few reasons why you may not be feeling it:
以下列出了一些原因可以解释这种情况:
1. It's medical.
身体上的原因
Check with your doctor to see if the reason for your lethargy is medically related.
找医生检查以下,看看你整天昏昏沉沉是不是身体上的原因。
There are plenty of medical conditions that can cause you to be too tired to be motivated, so try to figure out if a medical condition is the cause of it.
有很多健康因素会让你感觉太累了没动力,所以试着找找是不是身体原因。
2. You're comfortable.
你过得太安逸了。
If your life is quite comfortable, you may lose motivation to push yourself to grow.
如果你原本的生活很安逸,那么你就会失去自我奋斗的动力。
Keep in mind that it's always good to get out of your comfort zone, because that's the only way you can improve yourself.
记住让自己脱离舒适区是有好处的,因为这是让自己进步的唯一出路。
Do something you're hesitant about every week, and you'll find yourself getting used to it or even looking forward to the challenge after some time.
做一些你每周不愿意去做的事情,一段时间之后你会发现你已经习惯于甚至期待这种挑战。
It can be something small like asking someone you just met out for lunch, or a bigger move like giving honest feedback to your boss.
这些事情可能很小,例如邀某个刚认识的人出去吃午餐;或者大一点儿,比如向你的老板诚恳地反馈。
3. Taking on too much.
目标不切实际。
If you set unrealistic expectations, you are setting yourself up for higher chances of failing, which can cause you to lose motivation.
如果你有一些难以实现的期望,那实际上你失败的几率也会越高,这样也会让你失去动力。
Make sure your goals are actually achievable before setting them.
在树立目标之前就确保这些目标是切实可行的吧。
4. You've given up.
你已经放弃了。
After so many failures, you may be immune to tackling challenges.
失败得太多,以至于你对挑战自我已经免疫了。
It can be scary to put yourself out there again, but the greater the risk, the greater the rewards!
也许让自己再次踏足失败的地方有点可怕,但冒险越大,回馈越多!
If you're extremely gun-shy, take baby steps so you'll feel more confident once you manage to score small achievements.
如果你已经风声鹤唳了,那就小步前进吧!一步步堆砌起来的小成就会让你更有自信。
5. People around you.
周围人的影响。
Maybe you have someone in your life who brings you down, perhaps out of their own insecurities or maybe because they can't adjust to the idea of a different you.
可能你周围的人是让你毫无动力的原因,也许是由于他们自身的不安全感,又或者是他们不能接受一个全新的你。
Try to explain your reasons for attempting a change to them and ask for their support.
试着向他们解释你改变自我的原因,并请求他们的支持。
If they can't come to terms with it, perhaps it's better to keep your distance until they come around.
如果他们不能接受,那你最好在志同道合之前和他们保持距离。
上一篇: 哈喽摄影师!小熊打招呼萌翻网友
下一篇: 奥巴马:美国情报机构将继续监听外国政府
小米推出自己的Apple Watch,据说和苹果差不多
默克尔保守派政党赢得关键州级选举
体坛英语资讯:Bayern eager to make Lewandowski happy
国际英语资讯:Spotlight: Turkey-U.S. ties in spotlight as Erdogan faces tough talks with Trump
体坛英语资讯:IOC Evaluation Commission arrives in Paris for a three-day inspection
体坛英语资讯:14 climbers set foot on Mt. Qomolangma as first team of 2017 from Nepal side
体坛英语资讯:IOC Evaluation Commission kicks off three-day inspection in Paris for Olympics bid
2019年12月六级作文范文:私家车
勒索病毒WannaCry到底是什么?怎么预防?
国内英语资讯:Chinas poverty relief benefits neighboring countries
国内英语资讯:Senior CPC official meets foreign delegates to B&R forum
印度首都德里雾霾爆表,空气污染指数达到999
星巴克前总裁亚利桑那大学2017年毕业典礼演讲,原来星巴克成功靠的是这些!
哈利波特前传手稿被盗,罗琳呼吁大家不要买
国内英语资讯:Turkeys Antalya open arms for Chinese tourists eyeing peak in 2018
国际英语资讯:White House denies Trumps revealing of classified info to Russia
All over the shop 到处都是
研究表明 不喜欢另一半朋友的人离婚几率更高
国内英语资讯:Direct flights link China with 43 Belt and Road countries
国际英语资讯:Frances new PM Philippe takes office
体坛英语资讯:Bayern overpower Leipzig, Hoffenheim crush Bremen in German Bundesliga
人造肉风潮持续大热,Beyond Meat赚翻了
香港与内地“债券通”获批
国内英语资讯:Belt and Road forum strengthens trade ties, sounds call against protectionism
国际英语资讯:Spotlight: Trump, Erdogan vow to repair U.S.-Turkish relationship amid existing differences
“谢耳朵”和交往14年的男友结婚了 这两人随时随地都在晒幸福
国内英语资讯:China, Cambodia vow to enhance cooperation, promote regional stability
体坛英语资讯:Vasco youth players injured in bus crash
川普即将会晤埃尔多安
时尚界核弹:德国公司推出可更换鞋跟的女鞋