1. Get organized
要有条理
First, conquer your email inbox with a system of prioritizing urgent items, putting less pressing tasks on a to-do list, and responding to and deleting any messages you can dispose of quickly.
首先,征服你的电子邮件收件箱,制订一套优先处理紧急事项的方法,将不那么紧迫的问题列在待办事项清单上,回复你能很快处理的任何信息并在完成后删除。
2. Stop trying to multitask
停止同时处理多项任务
A 2009 Stanford study showed that heavy multitaskers had much weaker concentration than those who focused on one or two projects at a time.
2009年,一组斯坦福研究人员发布了一份研究报告,显示一心多用的人不能象一次专注于一或两个项目的人那样集中注意力。
3. Put yourself in the mindset of your boss
适应你老板的思维方式
Empathize, pay attention to her style, and try to stay one step ahead.
体会你老板的心理,注意她的风格,并努力先行一步。
4. Forge good relationships with colleagues
与你直接领域外的同事建立牢固的关系
That includes the staff in the human resources department, the information technology pros, and the cleaning and security workers.
这包括人力资源部门和信息技术部门的员工,以及保安和清洁工。
5. Focus on listening
注意倾听
Listen closely to your boss’s requests but also listen to your colleagues and subordinates.
注意听你老板讲什么,但还要留意倾听你的同事和下属。
6. Get in early
提前到达办公室
Even 15 minutes can give you a jump start on the day. Reward yourself by leaving early if you’ve finished your work ahead of time.
哪怕15分钟也会让情况有所不同。如果你提前完成了工作,你就能奖励自己提前回家。
7. Give yourself genuine downtime
确保你真正给自己放个假
This means time away from the office when you don’t check work email or think about work. Everyone needs to refuel.
这意味着你在离开工作的时候不去查看工作邮件,也不去思考与工作有关的事情。所有人都需要充电。
8. Aim for clarity and precision in communication
确保在沟通时做到清晰准确
If an email doesn’t convey the subtlety of what you’re trying to communicate, pick up the phone or schedule an in-person meeting.
如果邮件不能准确传达你的信息,那么请拿起电话或安排面谈。
9. Be prepared
做好准备
Do plenty of research in advance of any meeting or negotiation.
在举行任何会议或磋商前,先要进行大量的研究工作。
10. Be humble
态度谦逊
Most career advice encourages relentless self-promotion. But it can be more effective to lay out your accomplishments in an un-hyped, straightforward manner.
大多数职业建议都在鼓励人们要不遗余力地自我推销,但以平实简明的语言列出自己取得的成果会更有效果。
上一篇: 第一个感恩节时,人们吃的什么?
下一篇: 调查:现代生活吞噬性爱